What's new

Grooming Dept club

AD4C6076-7FEB-4934-8A11-BD35D8066C2D.png Frankenlime

13074440-C456-4230-8AD7-6E876612DACB.png Mallard lavender

Ordered

Last edited:
My will control was weak on this one...
Pura_Lusso_Shaving_Soap_530x@2x.png

Bought an unscented Pura and decided to try one of the Pre-Shaves - Eucalyptus & Spearmint.

When I started Straight saving in October I bought some pre-shave oil. Seemed to work well for a while, then I stopped using it as my technique improved. This oil was around $12 for 2oz...very expensive in my opinion. Noticed that GD had a restock of their Pre-Shave and was very surprised at the value. 4oz for a mere $16 (including shipping). Would have liked to get an unscented one, but it was sold out, so I opted for the Eucalyptus & Spearmint. Kind of excited to try it out, and add it to my growing GD collection.

)Would have liked to get an unscented one, but it was sold out, so I opted for the Eucalyptus & Spearmint. Kind of excited to try it out, and add it to my growing GD collection.

I was in the same boat. I didn’t buy any. But would like to hear your impressions. Seems like a good way to add “menthol” to a summer shave.

I'm glad to hear that, it's precisely the synthetic and/or heavy citrus smell that I try to avoid.

I have seen MAOL mentioned from time to time but I wasn't as lucky to snag one of their aftershaves. I figured this would be the next best thing so I could try their approach to their scents. I cloy easy so I'm on the hunt for good aftershaves that has a good skinfood content.

I generally buy my Maol aftershaves from Top of the Chain. All four of Maol's standard scents are currently available.

Maol is the "balmiest" alcohol-based splash I've found. Chatillon Lux is close, but not quite.

I generally buy my Maol aftershaves from Top of the Chain. All four of Maol's standard scents are currently available.

Maol is the "balmiest" alcohol-based splash I've found. Chatillon Lux is close, but not quite.

I see, my mistake was only checking on their website. Thanks for the heads up.

I had to get one. I just had to do it.

I'm so spoiled with great soaps these days, it felt like a chore to use some of my old soaps. Hopefully this will spark my enthusiasm so I can finish them.

I must be looking at the site incorrectly then, as I have been looking on there at the Maol AS products for the pest 2 weeks or so and have only ever seen the Frosted Marlogue Wood and the Regular Wilde Flowers in stock.

I must be looking at the site incorrectly then, as I have been looking on there at the Maol AS products for the pest 2 weeks or so and have only ever seen the Frosted Marlogue Wood and the Regular Wilde Flowers in stock.

My mistake. You’re absolutely right, Tiny. I didn’t click far enough into the website to find the information you just shared.

For what it’s worth, I enjoy Marlogue Wood and Wilde Flowers a great deal, especially the latter!

My mistake. You’re absolutely right, Tiny. I didn’t click far enough into the website to find the information you just shared.

For what it’s worth, I enjoy Marlogue Wood and Wilde Flowers a great deal, especially the latter!
No problem, I really want to get the Frankenlime but will get what I can now....was hoping it was in stock, after I read your post!

No problem, I really want to get the Frankenlime but will get what I can now....was hoping it was in stock, after I read your post!

Again, my apologies. I enjoy Frankenlime but my favorite is Wilde Flowers--but that's just me!

Just another superb shave with the GD Preshave in Cedarwood & Lime. The RR Emperor soap is a very good performer with Tallow but, with the preshave it takes it to another level. Superb comfort and glide with a brand spanking new Feather blade. The sharpest blade out there but, also can be quite harsh the first shave or two. Not a problem at all with it today. Still felt it just a tiny bit but smooth and effortless. My post shave skin feel is just outstanding. Need proof? Check this thread out here. The stuff works. Not a magic elixir or concoction, just a real good product that enhances ones shave...

Grooming Department Pre-Shave

3B96D0EB-06D4-4BF3-8965-77544B874558.jpeg

I didn't see this thread so I created my own. This product is great. I have only used one razor after getting a sample from GD. One additional benefit: I am getting more shaves with the blade. So far I am on my 10th shave on a GEM PTFE which is a few more than I usually get.

Top Bottom