What's new

Old Gillette, what modell?

I got my first vintage Gillette razor today.
I understand that many of us amateurs ask the same question about which model it is, but I still want to ask you for your help with identification.
As you can see in the pictures, there are only "Gillette" and "Made in England" printed on the base plate and "Gillette" printed on the head.
I don't know if the handle gives any clue to what model it is?
I think it would be interesting to know which model I bought.
Thanks in advance :)
IMG_20190610_223536.jpg IMG_20190610_223611.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The Gillette Tech is one of the greatest razors ever produced, IMHO. Use it and enjoy it.

OK, I tried my Gillette Ball End Tech today.
First of all, I want to say that I like the balance and weight of the razor, plus it gave a very good audible feedback, but it was far too mild for my stubble.
I loaded the razor with an Astra SP, got a rich lather with Arko shaving stick and my NOM budget brush.
Three passes plus a little clean up and I didn't really get to a DFS.
This razor is, as I said, far too mild for me.

Yep, they are known as very mild razors. If you have heavy beard, you probably won't achieve BBS. Perhaps trying it with a blade sharper than the Astra would help.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I got my first vintage Gillette razor today.
I understand that many of us amateurs ask the same question about which model it is, but I still want to ask you for your help with identification.
As you can see in the pictures, there are only "Gillette" and "Made in England" printed on the base plate and "Gillette" printed on the head.
I don't know if the handle gives any clue to what model it is?
I think it would be interesting to know which model I bought.
Thanks in advance :)
View attachment 989345 View attachment 989346
As you start to collect Gillette razors it might help to have some sort of a guide. Mr razor has a great collection to help us out. http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Gillette Rasierer.htm

Kai blades made my Techs very efficient! Love that razor/blade combination!

I have only heard good things about KAI blades, but they are too expensive IMO
Almost 4 times the price compared to Astra, Lord New Platinum, Voskhod etc... it's a bit steep for me.

Top Bottom