What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters

Raven Koenes

My precious!
giphy.gif

I'm in! Apparently I'm crazy for shaving! I thought I was sort of past the RAD, but have realized I'm just getting started - again. I've done the cheaper hardware and software and now I'm curious about what else is out there.....

Welcome to the madhouse Steve! :thumbup:

Do remember that (as per the OP) the membership requirement is "Those for whom the hobby has become an OBSESSION." You can easily be a member and suffer from no ADs at all. :letterk1:

When I see Guido next I'll ask him to prepare your straitjacket blazer. Before that happens please remove the "newbie" text from your signature. At the BOSC Asylum you're either "in" or "out," and as soon as you're in you're not a newbie any more. :wink2:

Do remember that (as per the OP) the membership requirement is "Those for whom the hobby has become an OBSESSION." You can easily be a member and suffer from no ADs at all. :letterk1:

When I see Guido next I'll ask him to prepare your straitjacket blazer. Before that happens please remove the "newbie" text from your signature. At the BOSC Asylum you're either "in" or "out," and as soon as you're in you're not a newbie any more. :wink2:

Will do. I do believe I have a shaving OBSESSION!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Now done. Excellent! :001_cool:

No beliefs required. BOSC isn't a religion. At BOSC we "know" we are obsessed. :letterk1: :laugh:

Very nicely done, Cal.

It seems to me far too many of the general public believe buying stuff has something to do with our brotherhood. While many of us are afflicted with severe cases of the various acquisition disorders described in the upcoming DSM-6, many of us aren't.

Of course, I'm not saying I'm not.

A true minimalist BOSC member is quite possible. Admittedly, rare, but possible.

Thanks for your explicit statements, Cal.

giphy-gif.987409

This guy didn't buy the railroad, but he is being hunted down by Big Nurse. If you look very closely you should be able to see how he's shaving with a straight razor (hint: try closing one eye).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I don't have an obsession with shaving. What I'm doing is developing a clever system for saving money in the looooooooooong term.
Ah, the old Buddhist lifetime model of saving money shaving. I know it well. If one sees the path clearly, seeing through self view-shaving for the sake of shaving, don't cling to rites, rules, and rituals-shaving at will, have abandoned all skeptical indecision about shaving acquisitions, you are a Stream Enterer. This means you will start saving money in no more than seven lifetimes by continually shaving in a straight forward manner, being methodical in acquisitions, and continuing to practice masterfully. Well done grasshopper! :whistling:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
proxy.php

I don't have an obsession with shaving. What I'm doing is developing a clever system for saving money in the looooooooooong term.

Ah, the old Buddhist lifetime model of saving money shaving. I know it well. If one sees the path clearly, seeing through self view-shaving for the sake of shaving, don't cling to rites, rules, and rituals-shaving at will, have abandoned all skeptical indecision about shaving acquisitions, you are a Stream Enterer. This means you will start saving money in no more than seven lifetimes by continually shaving in a straight forward manner, being methodical in acquisitions, and continuing to practice masterfully. Well done grasshopper! :whistling:

upload_2019-6-12_11-8-18.png

Yes, inmates, we have two winners today.

Congratulations, gentlemen. You are both inspirational to all mankind.

Do I have to explain everything to you guys? :001_rolle Shiva has multiple hands. I need multiple stuff for shaving.

proxy.php

Also we must strive for eternity with our stash of blades and soaps and aftershaves and balms and... Imagine running out of soap during the Kali Yuga cycle! No... freaking... way...

proxy.php

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Do I have to explain everything to you guys? :001_rolle Shiva has multiple hands. I need multiple stuff for shaving.

proxy.php

Also we must strive for eternity with our stash of blades and soaps and aftershaves and balms and... Imagine running out of soap during the Kali Yuga cycle! No... freaking... way...

proxy.php
We're not going to lie. The up front costs can be kind of pricey. :001_tongu

Definitely a crazy here.

Started DE shaving in 2013 after using cartridges exclusively since i first had peach fuzz. Leaned about DEs on this forum. Went on buying spree, have Fatboy, Slim, Flare, Red tip, no date code super speed, Mergress and Merkur 34C.
Used a DE exclusively for almost 6 years with the occasional posting on B&B. Hadn't visited B&B for a couple of years but decided to try cart shaving again after using a disposable while travelling and getting a suprisingly good shave.
That kicked off another crazy acquisition phase of buying Trac II and Atra handles plus vintage carts. Learned a lot again from this forum.

Definitely feel that all the technique learned while DE shaving and the face prep using brush and good creams/soaps has made my cartridge shaves significantly better.

Long story short, i bought hundreds of vintage carts which will last me a good 20 years plus, but then i felt an itch to buy an old sensor handle which was my first non disposable razor. Now i have to buy a few packs of NOS sensor carts.
Dammit !!!

Anyway the wife will kill me if she ever finds the boxes of carts i have sealed away in water tight/air tight containers in the closet.

In order to keep my skills sharp I'm not going to stop DE shaving but it will most likely be 1 week a month of DE shaving and the rest Trac II / Atra shaves.

Top Bottom