What's new

How do you say Goodby?

I love this idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. I PIF items from time to time, but helping the homeless, especially in the city I love that happens to have a huge homelessness problem, is brilliant. Thank you.
I purchased some zip lock bags and a big bag of disposable razors from Walmart and made up individual bags. Each bag contained two disposable razors, a brush, a soap or cream and an AS or ASB. I also bought some tooth brushes, small travel toothpaste and a travel deodorant. I made up 15 or so of these bags and brought them to the local men's shelter. They were much appreciated.

I frequently PIF items that I feel I no longer want. In March I PIFed 22 soaps to 4 guys here. Just the shipping cost me $65. but I made some room and I feel good that I shared my stuff with other B&B members.

I don’t see a problem here. You’re just enjoying your hobby. Relax. Start a rotating schedule with “all” your gear and enjoy yourself! Life’s too short and there are a lot of shaves ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 7 months.....WOW

In my first month I have acquired, one soap, one brush, trial selection of blades, and two razors. But there are a few vintage razors I would like as well as a few new ones, two or three soaps and several blades to consider. I can see how this can develop into a larger collection.

Would you consider some of your acquisitions "bargains" when you purchased them?

Make that three Razors :D

Either PIF or sell your least desirable items. Look for duplicates and the items you prefer the least. Whatever is left, even if it’s half of what you have today, well... just enjoy and keep them in your rotation.

I definitely struggling too with the acquisition disorder. It's always so fun to try out new razor/brush/soaps/etcs. However, some gears work better than others. Now, if I don't enjoy it as much, I'd put it for sale and keep my den somewhat manageable.

Also, I try to keep one of each type of brush so that I can rotate through a variety. I don't find the need to keep multiples of similar brushes if they all feel the same on the face.

Top Bottom