What's new

King Gillette Weekend

My NDC Super Adjustable (109), with a KAI blade still loaded from it's last outing. Turned it down to 5, and savored all three passed for a nice BBS shave.

Today I shaved for the first time with my newly acquired British Aristocrat #15 solid bar (2nd generation), paired with a fresh Nacet blade. Better than advertised. Just a silky smooth and efficient razor. No problem with my two days growth and I suspect I could skip my shave tomorrow it is so smooth. Nicely paired with GD Mallard Rose using a Rudy Vey Muhle synthetic. Feeling old school with Thayer's Witch Hazel & Mumbai Old Spice aftershave.

IMG_2630.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Today I shaved for the first time with my newly acquired British Aristocrat #15 solid bar (2nd generation), paired with a fresh Nacet blade. Better than advertised. Just a silky smooth and efficient razor. No problem with my two days growth and I suspect I could skip my shave tomorrow it is so smooth. Nicely paired with GD Mallard Rose using a Rudy Vey Muhle synthetic. Feeling old school with Thayer's Witch Hazel & Mumbai Old Spice aftershave.

View attachment 986368
Excellent report, Tom. Congrats on the 2nd Gen. It’s on my short list of razors that shave almost too closely — it makes the next day’s shave almost unnecessary. I suspect that’s one you’ll keep.

Excellent report, Tom. Congrats on the 2nd Gen. It’s on my short list of razors that shave almost too closely — it makes the next day’s shave almost unnecessary. I suspect that’s one you’ll keep.

Hi Dan.

You are correct, it is a close shaver, but not too close, at least not on two days growth. I knew it had a reputation of being more efficient than gens 3 & 4, so I thought the extra days growth might be a good idea. I will give it a shot on one days growth this week to see how it goes.

I find the 3rd gen SB and 4th gen SB both very smooth and on the milder side, but in a good way. The 1st gen OC would appear to be similar to the 2nd gen SB in smoothness and efficiency. I think I will set all other razors aside for a couple of weeks before I head out on vacation and have a go with the Brit Crats gens 1-4 to have some fun experimenting. I know one thing, I will certainly not be sacrificing good shaves to do this experiment.

I have to give it to you and DK Peter, you led me to the Brit Crats and they do not disappoint!

I hope your weekend is going great.

Dan, come on now, how many razors do you have in your collection? I recall your saying you had only a few and each time I tune in you have these fantastic razors displayed or for sale! I went away for a few days last weekend and missed your Fab Four sale, so I know you must have far more than a few. A few hundred maybe? Haha!

That is a nice set up you rolled out for King Gillette Weekend. Love the AS bottle, what is it?

Hannah's Dad

Dan, come on now, how many razors do you have in your collection? I recall your saying you had only a few and each time I tune in you have these fantastic razors displayed or for sale! I went away for a few days last weekend and missed your Fab Four sale, so I know you must have far more than a few. A few hundred maybe? Haha!

That is a nice set up you rolled out for King Gillette Weekend. Love the AS bottle, what is it?
I’m down to just 16, Tom. :001_302:

Hannah's Dad

Tom, the AS bottle is B&M Reserve Lavender. All of the Reserve AFtershaves have those cool bottles.

Gillette New LC / Rapira Platinum Lux I think, didn't check. Only did two passed, after completing the yard work. (Early work day tomorrow, and just wanted to knock it down a bit).

I spent the past week plus with these four British Aristocrats (generations 1-4 from left to right), so really a King Gillette week for me and these beauties...

IMG_2643.jpeg

IMG_2641.jpeg

Top Bottom