What's new

Vintage Trac II handles? How are they?

How do you like the vintage Trac II handles? I previously tried the Indian 7 o'clock PII handle that looks just like the original,but my only gipe was that it felt light.

I managed to get one of these vintage handles. Anyone think weight makes the difference?

vintagetrac.jpg

Most Trac II aftermarket handles are unattractive. The Wilkinson Sword Profile Metals are attractive. The Merkur and Evernice are also worth considering. Some of the Super II's and Profiles are also quite good too.

proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Most Trac II aftermarket handles are unattractive. The Wilkinson Sword Profile Metals are attractive. The Merkur and Evernice are also worth considering. Some of the Super II's and Profiles are also quite good too.

proxy.php
Nice collection @Sabre, thanks for sharing.

I'm starting to really like my gold-tone metal handle which was unbranded from the 70s. The weight and balance make a huge difference in the aggressiveness.

It's making me wonder why I even kept the Indian 7'Clock handle for the past few years

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
When my Dad passed, Mom gave me Dad's handle from the 80's, I like it much better than the modern replacements.

So Sabre....any more details on this rare Trac II? Can you tell us yet?
Well imagine that Gillette purchased another razor brand as they did with Permatek. They marketed the Trac II under this brand, I have only seen one. I am trying to negotiate a discount.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well imagine that Gillette purchased another razor brand as they did with Permatek. They marketed the Trac II under this brand, I have only seen one. I am trying to negotiate a discount.
Good luck! Please let us know how it comes out.

proxy.php
Thanks for the great photos!
I totally agree that a lot of the 70s aftermarket handles for the Trac II are very unattractive to my 21st Century sensibilities.
The OEM handles from Gillette however are a design classic.

After today’s P II shave I’m a sudden convert to the excellence of the Trac II and I’ve ordered a Colibri Onyx and Gold handle so that’s about as ‘70s as you can eh?

Top Bottom