What's new

Stirling Syndicate

When I stopped into the Maggard Razors B&M a couple of months ago to begin my software journey, Brad (the owner) and his wife both recommended Stirling. They opined that opting for the higher-priced stuff, while possibly worth it to some consumers, was somewhat an exercise in diminishing returns.

I was specifically interested in Castle Forbes. I have tried both and agree with the sentiment.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I don't love the handle, and the blade gap looks fairly huge, but I use a ton of Stirling products and their track record for me is superb - always a great quality product at a fair price. I'll be buying as soon as they're selling.

I'm not saying it doesn't have "staying power" but it lacks projection IMO. I have Ramblin' Man, Sharp Dressed Man, and Executive Man in the EDT's (I think they need some help in naming these also - it's "Man" everything). They are all lacking in projection compared even to the A/S. I mean I know I apply more of the A/S but when I enter a restaurant and my waitress friend says "I smelled you when you walked in the door" from across the place, but then can't smell 6 sprays of the same EDT standing next to me, that doesn't seem right?

I'm loving the RM even more today, though. I may have to go to 12 sprays - whatever it takes :302:
Not sure why your experiencing what you are. I am good to go with 2 quick hits, one on each side of my neck, and as I mentioned...Its still noticeable the next morning!!

I wish that the flats on the handle would align perfectly with the parallel surface of the head. I think that would be a game changer.

I'm pulling for Stirling. They're a good company that offers great value for their products. Hopefully their razor is competitively priced and attainable towards the majority of wet shavers, if not all. Success to them as they have earned it and deserve it rightfully so.....

This thing sort of looks like a cross between a GC and Timeless....I so like the slots, over the rounded pins for holding the blade, which aligns the blade perfect the first time, every time. Even the non-polished sample looks pretty darn nice, wonder if that's how it will be sold, or if it will end up bead blasted in unpolished form.

Here we go, I need another razor like a need a hole in my head, but I'm already craving one. This will be my wife, if she sees me ordering another razor.... .:a13:

This thing sort of looks like a cross between a GC and Timeless....I so like the slots, over the rounded pins for holding the blade, which aligns the blade perfect the first time, every time. Even the non-polished sample looks pretty darn nice, wonder if that's how it will be sold, or if it will end up bead blasted in unpolished form.

Here we go, I need another razor like a need a hole in my head, but I'm already craving one. This will be my wife, if she sees me ordering another razor.... .:a13:
It seems like he says that there will be this version and a polished version available if I listened correctly. So both I guess?

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I find the SDM and others to last a while, but my Executive Man EDT does not last. It is one of my favorites, but it fades quickly.

Well, for those that are interested in this particular razor from Stirling, it has been mentioned that the SS razor in the works would not be a razor recommended for beginners as both base plates have been designed to be a bit more aggressive/efficient feeling. Which to me is a good thing as we're looking perhaps at positive blade exposure and/or neutral at the least. So, I'm assuming that the razor will be designed and made for the more experienced wet shaver. Besides, most newcomers into the DE world start out on the milder side and progressively work their way up the aggressive scale until finding something that works consistently for them.

I'm liking it more and more. And a ploshed version should look wickedly good....

Well, for those that are interested in this particular razor from Stirling, it has been mentioned that the SS razor in the works would not be a razor recommended for beginners as both base plates have been designed to be a bit more aggressive/efficient feeling...

Who mentioned that? I didn't hear that in the video. :confused:

Top Bottom