What's new

Gillette SunUp find

I just scored a vintage bottle of Gillette Sunup aftershave. I have to say I really love the scent. I'm not sure really how to describe it other than to say it is a subtle scent. Almost a bit flowery in the bottle, but when applied it dries down to a great smelling masculine scent. Very different from the nose in the bottle. If you come across a bottle at a REASONABLE price, I highly recommend it!

Lots of people agree with you, enough that a couple of the artisans have cloned the scent. I'm told Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic and PAA Sun Down work for Sun Up lovers.

Never tried either myself, because I've had a bottle of Sun Up and SMWBO hated it. Just throwing the info out there.

So, I scored a vintage bottle of Sun up.

The B&M Classic Reserve smells identical to it.

They both smell great. The BM Classic is underrated, IMO, big time.

Reading this made me realize that I have some vintage SunUp aftershave and cologne that I picked up as part of a lot on the 'bay a while back... I'm not sure that I've used it since getting it, kindof forgot about it but I will need to remedy that soon!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Reading this made me realize that I have some vintage SunUp aftershave and cologne that I picked up as part of a lot on the 'bay a while back... I'm not sure that I've used it since getting it, kindof forgot about it but I will need to remedy that soon!
Report please!

0605190145.jpg
Pics or it didn’t happen.
Oh..but it DID happen! Even got a vintage can of Right Guard in the gift pack. The scent is just a bit different from todays Right Guard. It is a very subtle difference and may be from age.

View attachment 987692
Oh..but it DID happen! Even got a vintage can of Right Guard in the gift pack. The scent is just a bit different from todays Right Guard. It is a very subtle difference and may be from age.

Thanks for sharing this, that Sun Up bottle in the box is quite nice, looks full too. Based on the scent description I might try the Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic or PAA Sun Down.

SO, I used BM Classic Reserve today, and threw some Sun Up on my wrists afterwards. They are slightly different now to my nose. I think a lot of the difference is the menu of nourishing ingredients in the BMCR.

The Sun up is sweeter and more powdery.
The BMCR is grungier and more dank.

I actually prefer the BMCR. It's more interesting without any of the slightly cloying powder smell of the Gillette. I'm sure the Gillette has aged that way though.

Either way, the BMCR is a winner, and the Sun Up was a fun experiment for me since I bought a tiny bottle of it on ebay.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have this set minus the talc. I have looked for the talc for years to no avail. Finding any of it in the wild is a great score.

7s25zaw542qm2k.jpg

Top Bottom