What's new

What is the best time of day to enjoy smoking?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
After work is always a great time, especially since I rarely take breaks. And pipes and cigars don't lend themselves to smoke breaks when you work in a restaurant.

A pipe , cool morning or evening with coffee or booze.

Cigar , usually anytime, so that depends on the cigar.
32-38 ring with coffee
50-60 ring from lunch on... normally with a drink..

Although I smoke almost any time of day that I like, evening time is my favorite time. Nothing like lighting a cigar or smoking a pipe knowing that my day is complete.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I prefer mornings after breakfast with coffee or evenings after supper with an adult beverage, but in any event it has to be when SWMBO is away from the house or has gone to bed. But it often occurs mid day when SWMBO is at work while I have a day off.

I smoke pipes morning, noon, and night ... but I suppose I enjoy my pipes in the morning with my coffee the most. With G.L. Pease Robusto as a rule.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
For me it tends to be in the last afternoon to early evening. I enjoy sitting on my front porch and watching the sunset over the horizon at my house.

I will contribute, although I haven't smoked for a number of years now. I still fondly recall the feeling of a good smoke. I really liked the Dunhill Early Morning pipe just before sunrise with my first cup of coffee for the day. I always enjoyed having a Chesterfield king after dinner at a good restaurant. And I loved the Jon's Pipe Shop Balkan blend just before bed.

Late evening on the patio, reading or contemplating the universe; a Laphroaig goes a long ways in the contemplating department.

Afternoons on the deck. A good cigar or occasionally a pipe; add a beverage or beverages of choice, and perhaps a good book or playlist. Typically there is birdsong going on. Less often, but occasionally, there are hawk fly-overs (looking for rabbits I think) or hummingbird fly-bys (to inspect Mrs. HighSpeed's flowers). Here in Virginia, spring and fall are the best - comfortable temps, low humidity, and fewer bugs.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
After midnight is my favorite time (second shift worker).

+1 I usually get home in the wee hours of the morning. After gearing down, there's just something tranquil about lighting up a bowl in the quiet, stillness of the night, while the rest of the world sleeps.

MM packed with Carter Hall on the way to work in the morning, rarely have a AM pipe if I'm off.
Briar with a nice mild English or Virginia in the evening if I'm watching movie, YouTube, etc.
A cigar or something bold in the pipe if I'm sitting outside in the evening contemplating the state of the universe.

Top Bottom