What's new

Decanting aftershaves

I ended up going with two 6oz bottles of Crystal Hot Sauce. There’s no restrictor on the bottle but it’s a smaller opening so still works nicely for me. Decanted a Clubman Whiskey Woods and the standard Pinnaud. I’m happy with them. I opted for putting a clipping of the label on the bottom of the bottle cos I just like looking at the color of the liquid in the clear glass. Next up a larger bottle for the Aqua Velva!
I'm impressed by the ingenuity with which you've re-deployed your hot sauce bottles! It appears to work out perfectly for you. But as one who does not consume hot sauce, I must look elsewhere for my inspiration.

I'm impressed by the ingenuity with which you've re-deployed your hot sauce bottles! It appears to work out perfectly for you. But as one who does not consume hot sauce, I must look elsewhere for my inspiration.
Google "hot sauce clear dasher bottles" on "the" auction site for some nice 5oz bottles with a removable restrictor. I have been dumping all my aftershaves in them since I bought a 12 pack.

@razorboi Actually I only had one bottle which I emptied into an almost empty Valentina bottle and picked up another new bottle for $1.99 from Safeway. Not too shabby. Check out your local grocery!

@razorboi Absolutely! These blends would dazzle the taste buds and have confounding names such as: Cholula Pinnaud Barbershop Hot Sauce, Whiskey Woods Crystal Chile Spice Blend, and Tobasco Bracer Chili with Menthol. I’m sure Don Dressler could whip up an appropriate campaign!

@razorboi Absolutely! These blends would dazzle the taste buds and have confounding names such as: Cholula Pinnaud Barbershop Hot Sauce, Whiskey Woods Crystal Chile Spice Blend, and Tobasco Bracer Chili with Menthol. I’m sure Don Dressler could whip up an appropriate campaign!
I believe you may be onto something there, Denis O'Bell.
And I've no doubt the shaving lotions themselves would benefit from the residual hot sauce in their bottles.
Don't rinse your bottles out. That's the best part!
They could be marketed to those that like a little "burn" in their morning routine.
I'm running down to copyright "Habanero After-Shave" first thing to-morrow morning!

I'm partial to Texas Pete Special Reserve

Found some 12oz tobacco bottles at Dollar Tree ... buck a piece. Moved my Clubman/Lustray aftershaves in plastic bottles to glass bottles. Like the larger 12 oz size. Appreciate getting the idea from this thread.

IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1847.JPG

One nice thing about the dasher bottles is the fact that they stand up in a standard bathroom drawer. You can really put a bunch in a drawer! Hot sauce bottles may as well. I have all of my Clubman collection in the dasher bottles.

@Fuzzy2964 Nice! Curious do those have any restrictors? I have used two bottles with plastic restrictors and two without. The two without just had smaller glass holes which I think I prefer. One less piece to clean too.

I received my Pinaud lineup this week. Still awaiting the musk. I decided to transfer them all to glass to see if I can get the best from the scents. I found the vanilla and virgin island bay rum both had a similar skunky smell. I’m hoping that fades away or disappears altogether. I was pleased with how the label transfers went. They look good enough the wife might actually let me place them somewhere visible.
6F2A3305-3A68-4A94-B1D4-C270563FC6CC.jpeg

I received my Pinaud lineup this week. Still awaiting the musk. I decided to transfer them all to glass to see if I can get the best from the scents. I found the vanilla and virgin island bay rum both had a similar skunky smell. I’m hoping that fades away or disappears altogether. I was pleased with how the label transfers went. They look good enough the wife might actually let me place them somewhere visible.
View attachment 1121372
Nicely done sir! I prefer all the scents in the glass. It just seems to kick them up a notch. I suck at transferring the labels though so I know everything by color and smell 😆

Nicely done sir! I prefer all the scents in the glass. It just seems to kick them up a notch. I suck at transferring the labels though so I know everything by color and smell 😆
I had read someone’s post about filling the original bottles with hot water to help the adhesive release. I did just that. Turned out well enough. There was still a good amount of adhesive still stuck on the original bottles , but there was certainly enough to hold them on the glass bottles.

Top Bottom