What's new

The last tin you finished

Dunhill London Mixture. I opened the tin few years ago. Couldn't light it up properly, put the tin in a back of my tobacco cabinet and forgot about it until recent. Found it a month ago, and decided to give it another try. Smoked a bowl and fell in love with this tobacco instantly. Just finished it. Wonderul tobacco.

I polished off a tin of Kramer’s Father Dempsey. It was a pretty good middle of the road English blend. Nothing really stood out about it too me and I’m not in a hurry to open the other tim in my cellar.

Ordered (2) more 50g tins 3 days before SP’s Mac Baren’s sale...of course:

2C326F07-310C-40C4-8514-3CC8E9316616.jpeg

A dark, tasty treat, I certainly enjoyed this first tin. :001_302:

This weekend I finished two tins. The 2003 Haddo's and 2015 Chelsea Morning. I will be polishing off the last of the Comoy's Cask #7 soon.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
While not a tin, I did finish off the Sweet Rum Twist from Country Squire. Man it was good stuff, I chewed about 80% of it, and smoke the rest. Last bowl today.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
While not a tin, I did finish off the Sweet Rum Twist from Country Squire. Man it was good stuff, I chewed about 80% of it, and smoke the rest. Last bowl today.

Had a little chew of it myself this morning :)

Finished a jar of epiphany today. It was one of the first three blends I grabbed from my local b&m when I started piping. Made it a few years old at least. Wasn't my favorite at the start but wasn't too bad with some age on it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Oh snap I missed it again. All the days are melting into on another and I can’t keep track.

Just set fire to the last few bits of Dunhill Flake. I have a few more tins still, but this is a blend I will miss when it's gone.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Just set fire to the last few bits of Dunhill Flake. I have a few more tins still, but this is a blend I will miss when it's gone.
Is it markedly different from the Peterson reboot, or is it the age on it you'll miss? I have a single tin of the Peterson in my cellar. Haven't cracked it yet.

Is it markedly different from the Peterson reboot, or is it the age on it you'll miss? I have a single tin of the Peterson in my cellar. Haven't cracked it yet.
Haven't tried the Peterson, but generally age does play a big part, especially with VAs. This tin was from 2012.

Finished my smoking jar of Watch City Fat Bastard and refilled it with Watch City Undead Scottsman (sic).
Some time ago, I gave up on the notion of narrowing my smoking shelf blends. I decided it was both pointless and futile. I mean, who really cares?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Finished my smoking jar of Watch City Fat Bastard and refilled it with Watch City Undead Scottsman (sic).
Some time ago, I gave up on the notion of narrowing my smoking shelf blends. I decided it was both pointless and futile. I mean, who really cares?
I need to get behind this idea...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I thought about giving away all my 1-2 ounce samples that I never smoke, but it’s not hurting me at all so I just gave up too. I really wish I could have maybe 6 blends open at a time and finish one before opening another but oh well.

I thought about giving away all my 1-2 ounce samples that I never smoke, but it’s not hurting me at all so I just gave up too. I really wish I could have maybe 6 blends open at a time and finish one before opening another but oh well.
My war chest has a slidimg shelf that almost perfectly fits 12 mason jars, so that is the number of opens that i aim for.

Top Bottom