What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

The Marathons actually perform better than I had expected. They're a bit on the heavy side, but not outrageously so on a steel framed bike with pannier rack etc., and their rolling resistance is very low for a tyre of that class.

Awaiting delivery of a new mtb. It'll be a serious upgrade from the Motobecane hardtail with a Suntour XCT fork I have been riding for 7 years. Photos hopefully this week...

Awaiting delivery of a new mtb. It'll be a serious upgrade from the Motobecane hardtail with a Suntour XCT fork I have been riding for 7 years. Photos hopefully this week...

You know we want before and after pictures. I put up a picture of my early 90s Trek 930 mtb, now a grocery hauler.

Can't believe I missed this thread!

i ride my bike maybe 100-200km a week depending. Since I've taken this pic I've made some changes to it.
Long time since I posted in this thread but this bike it still going strong. I’ve changed the handlebars but that’s pretty much it!

Cannondale CODA F900 which I put CST Metropolitan Palm Bay tires on for urban street use.
Diamond Response Trail
I gifted my Transit Weaver to a friend a while back.

On a sun-up ride at Flagler Beach with the Response
3182E3E8-0971-4A64-9EB2-F7AD6A407F68.jpeg
DF93B02A-F118-4D87-8FBF-21B0039958D1.jpeg
73A94E3A-0208-45D7-9DC7-F163C604E688.jpeg

08D8D621-EAAC-4C3B-8598-DBB7F57C346A.jpeg

The Christening of a 2019 Trek Fuel EX 7. Huge upgrade. Rode this bike in Moab 3 of the 6 days there and it outperformed the Orbea Occam I rode the last 3 days. Probably more bike than I need at home, but I hope to take her places!

View attachment 985121
The Christening of a 2019 Trek Fuel EX 7. Huge upgrade. Rode this bike in Moab 3 of the 6 days there and it outperformed the Orbea Occam I rode the last 3 days. Probably more bike than I need at home, but I hope to take her places!

Nice ride! I gave the sales guy at REI half an hour to get me pumped up on the new mtb technologies, but for now I’ll just have to envy your beautiful Trek and keep riding my two 30 year old Trek mtbs and dreaming of days gone by. 26 is sure looking short, though...

Thanks! I have been thinking of upgrading for a few years. Took me a long time to pull the trigger. I took it for a short ride last night and there is no comparison to my 26” hardtail. Looking forward to a couple decades on this bike.

My blue Gitane road bike frame rebuilt as a hybrid and my 1964 Garlati road bike now on a mag trainer in the basement which I use for spinning workouts 5-6 days a week.

blue gitane hybrid~.JPG

IMG_8846.JPG

Rode in the Tour de Fronds on Saturday. I didn’t plan on doing essentially zero training, but that is how it worked out. I was completely whipped after the metric century to Eden Valley and back, with almost a kilometer of climb/descent. Sun and lots of forest shade in the mid 70 degree F range.
1D0260ED-C711-40B7-ADAB-A879C1309D2B.jpeg

My trusty Fuji Tour is my main training bike, with nice robust tires for the forest roads and potholes.
F979F73D-DE88-4C3A-A69A-FDAE8CAFC172.jpeg

Still breaking in that Brooks saddle, though. Yes, it is set at my most comfortable angle. Your mileage will definitely vary.

Made it to the top! (OK, the hardasses of all genders went much higher and further.) Mostly downhill for the return. Roadside poison oak everywhere. Careful where you step or sit!
005B0681-F4BF-479B-8BF2-DA60020ED16A.jpeg

I highly recommend the Tour de Fronds to anyone in western Oregon or Northern California.

[QUOTE Still breaking in that Brooks saddle, though. Yes, it is set at my most comfortable angle. Your mileage will definitely vary [/QUOTE]

My Garlati road bike came with a Brooks saddle very similar in 1964.

[QUOTE Still breaking in that Brooks saddle, though. Yes, it is set at my most comfortable angle. Your mileage will definitely vary

My Garlati road bike came with a Brooks saddle very similar in 1964.[/QUOTE]

I went back and looked at the picture of your Garlati again. That frame is to die for. :001_wub::001_wub: Have Brooks saddles changed at all? Other than in price....

My budget was not so very big when I bought my first new bike. Centurion LeMans in 1975. On Saturday it raised the philosophical question “almost every part has been replaced (including frame under warranty), is it still the same bike?” when my middle son used it for the 30 mile option on the Tour de Fronds.

My Garlati road bike came with a Brooks saddle very similar in 1964.

I went back and looked at the picture of your Garlati again. That frame is to die for. :001_wub::001_wub: Have Brooks saddles changed at all? Other than in price....[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much Brooks sadles have changed. The last big ride that I went on was a 125 mile one day ride in Baja in the mid 80's. I used the blue bike as a commuter in San Diego from the late 70's to the early 90's. One of the last modifications to the Garlati was the Phil Wood hubs.

Rode in the Tour de Fronds on Saturday. I didn’t plan on doing essentially zero training, but that is how it worked out. I was completely whipped after the metric century to Eden Valley and back, with almost a kilometer of climb/descent. Sun and lots of forest shade in the mid 70 degree F range.
View attachment 991640
Looks like you had a great day! Nice ride!

The Fuji Absolute hybrid I'm spending most of my time on these days, after putting new Schwalbe Marathon tires on. I ride a lot of pre-dawn miles, so these certainly help with being seen!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Fuji Absolute hybrid I'm spending most of my time on these days, after putting new Schwalbe Marathon tires on. I ride a lot of pre-dawn miles, so these certainly help with being seen!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice pre-dawn visibility. Go Fuji!

CE49EE84-9A1D-4183-992E-103FE9F004CC.jpeg

Trek Skye SL (swapped saddle for Brooks Cambium)
Use mostly to haul myself to work and the mutt to the park.

Top Bottom