What's new

Get woke go broke part 3: New Gillette ad shows black father teaching his trans son to shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't this get locked down last time it came up, how many posts left before the same thing happens, gentlemen?
dave

Sounds like a cop out, but okay.

I don't mean to cop out, but the "societal problems" I would describe would be fodder for a quick dive into politics. Just an example before I check out of this thread: income inequality. I'm gone.

I don't mean to cop out, but the "societal problems" I would describe would be fodder for a quick dive into politics. Just an example before I check out of this thread: income inequality. I'm gone.
Income equality is an individual problem, not a societal problem. It's not politics, it's economics. Everyone makes exactly what they want to make. If you really wanted to make more you would.

Only survey that counts is sales. They're going down. Remember, surveys also said Trump was going to lose. The proof is in the pudding. The pudding shows sales are down.

Edgewell is down more. The whole sector is losing. Sell your stake.

Income equality is an individual problem, not a societal problem. It's not politics, it's economics. Everyone makes exactly what they want to make. If you really wanted to make more you would.

I wish you a great evening!

Nothing P&G manufactures should be what one would call "political". This is merely a political statement rammed down the consumers' collective throat by an immature (and stupid) advertising dept. I would fire all associated with it within the hour. Then I would as CEO make a public apology and beg forgiveness. Politics does not belong in advertising.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Nothing P&G manufactures should be what one would call "political". This is merely a political statement rammed down the consumers' collective throat by an immature (and stupid) advertising dept. I would fire all associated with it within the hour. Then I would as CEO make a public apology and beg forgiveness. Politics does not belong in advertising.

I agree 100% with what you say. While I believe politics does not belong in advertising it seems like we're getting more and more as it seems to be a case of there is no such thing as bad press. As long as the internet is typing your company name, it's a good thing. I think I've had enough. I gave them a pass the last time around. Certainly I can avoid Gillette and P&G in general. Schick seems to have started it's own thing around "masculinity" called the man I am.

30 years ago Gillette made ads like this:

Well shaven men being fathers, sportsmen, husbands and soldiers. All of that is fantastic

Now their message is that they are focusing on putting a spotlight on transgenders. So brave! Ok not really, it’s more virtue signaling for the sake of virtue signaling.

I agree 100% with what you say. While I believe politics does not belong in advertising it seems like we're getting more and more as it seems to be a case of there is no such thing as bad press. As long as the internet is typing your company name, it's a good thing. I think I've had enough. I gave them a pass the last time around. Certainly I can avoid Gillette and P&G in general. Schick seems to have started it's own thing around "masculinity" called the man I am.

Ok yes I can get on board with this. None of the politics and it’s just guys who are taking pride in being good at something and being well shaven. That’s simple and easy to get on board with

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Ok yes I can get on board with this. None of the politics and it’s just guys who are taking pride in being good at something and being well shaven. That’s simple and easy to get on board with

Yes. Much better imho. I know many here bitterly detest carts, but Schick makes some decent ones and of the old stuff their Injectors were great and the Super II was good.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Man, I got bigger problems than guys dressing up like ladies. I'm a hairdresser turned RN. If it has happened, I've either seen it or caused it, lol.

As a shareholder I want them to make better products and gain market share. I don’t look for morality lectures from corporations.
On another note, when my aunt thought that space aliens were communicating with her through the radio telling her to drill holes in her head, we went to get psychiatric help for her. We didn’t take her to see a neurosurgeon to get the holes drilled.

I'm surprised this thread is still open.

I've got a good friend, Bob, whom I hired from his law school to work at my law firm about 30 years ago. We've been close ever since, and his two kids are about the same ages as my two kids. His older child, Mary, is now 30 years old. Over the last couple of decades, she's been the cutest female kid you can imagine (my kids are boys, so they don't compete).

Recently, Bob told me Mary has undergone a sex change procedure. His name is now Aaron. Bob, knowing I'm a shaving geek, asked me if I would be willing to teach Aaron how to shave. Of course, I jumped on it. Soon, I look forward to teaching Aaron about the joy of shaving.

FarmerTan

I'm surprised this thread is still open.

I've got a good friend, Bob, whom I hired from his law school to work at my law firm about 30 years ago. We've been close ever since, and his two kids are about the same ages as my two kids. His older child, Mary, is now 30 years old. Over the last couple of decades, she's been the cutest female kid you can imagine (my kids are boys, so they don't compete).

Recently, Bob told me Mary has undergone a sex change procedure. His name is now Aaron. Bob, knowing I'm a shaving geek, asked me if I would be willing to teach Aaron how to shave. Of course, I jumped on it. Soon, I look forward to teaching Aaron about the joy of shaving.
Good on you. You are blessed to have a friend that would ask you.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
As a shareholder I want them to make better products and gain market share. I don’t look for morality lectures from corporations.
On another note, when my aunt thought that space aliens were communicating with her through the radio telling her to drill holes in her head, we went to get psychiatric help for her. We didn’t take her to see a neurosurgeon to get the holes drilled.

I once interviewed a job candidate that was convinced the local police department was broadcasting info into his head. I passed on him fearing I would learn far more about HR procedings than I ever wanted to know if I hired him. He was a great fit for the job in all other respects. I hope he found the help he needed.

FarmerTan

Thank you, Dave. I wasn't sure this was a safe place to align myself with the subject of the OP's post--you are blessed, as are we all.
I am blessed. More than anyone I know, actually.
I became a student Cosmetologist in 1979. I was 17. Was exposed to a whole lot more "alternative" lifestyle choices than most 17 y.o. kids.
As a psych nurse I saw a lot more, and some were mentally ill because they had no support system. Breaks your heart. I ain't got time for mean people, life's too long for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom