What's new

Name the soaps whose scents can rank as masterpieces?

can you describe this one, is it like a beach smell?
It doesn’t smell like a beach to me - as a matter a fact, it doesn’t really small like anything I know. It’s I guess a little fruity. But it’s clean and fresh. It’s a lovely fruit sitting in the rain that I’ve never smelt before.

Put it this way though. I rarely re-buy stuff. Just too much great stuff to try. Moreover, I never re-buy stuff that’s sub par. Except Muhle’s Sea Buckthorn - which I already went through a tub of, and wasn’t overly excited about its efficiency. I enjoy the scent that much.

Chiseled Face Easy Street
Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre

Wholly Kaw Pasha's Pride
Grooming Dept Molten
Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman
Grooming Dept Mallard
Stirling Almost Heaven (borders on feminine, but still amazing)

Some of these I didn't like at all at first, but grew on me enough to be in my top five.

In the 1950's and early 60's, I stayed at my grandmother's place a lot, which always smelled of clove. She chewed (rather gummed) Bazooka Gum and clove sticks all day while rolling and chain smoking cigs. I loved staying there, which is why I find the scent of clove calming. I keep a puck (or two) of Ogallala Bay Rum shave soap on hand, sometimes for shaving and sometimes for showering.

Nuavia Blu
Nuavia Rossa
B&M Petrichor
B&M Vespers
Mickey Lee Agora Xyrisma
Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet
Fine Lavender (better than C&S imho)

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
For scent, mine are as follows. Pretty solid performers as well ..

C&S No. 88
Pens Blenheim Bouquet (though long out of production)
Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood
AoS Sandalwood

B&M Seville (love that bergamot)
Proraso Red (also love the AS)
TOBS Mr Taylors

I used to really love TOBS Eton College, but now not so much.

As a fan of the cold weather months, B&M First Snow. Not the only soap I will miss, but the only one I will truly mourn once it's gone.

Top Bottom