What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Saw Long Shot, a very pleasant way to spend an evening with the missus. Also saw Dragged Across Concrete. That was for me, very violent neo noir.

Creed II.

Well shot and entertaining but predictable and a bit nonsensical. I guess what you expect for a fun rocky movie.

Rewatched Infinity War prior to watching Endgame.

The last "new" movie I watched was an Italian production for Netflix called Ruthless. It follows a Mafiosi from his late teens through his rise up the ranks and, while you may think that the "ruthless" individual referenced by the title is the protagonist of the picture, the ending will surprise you with who it really is.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Jaw dropping.

Yeah that really was and he was fast too.

Untitled6.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Imitation Game.

upload_2019-5-18_23-16-26.jpeg

Very interesting and well done movie. I knew a fair amount about parts of the story, but now I know much more. Bletchley Park, strange people (in a good way mostly), the Enigma machine, love, spies, MI6, puzzles, secrets, and the invention of the computer.

Oh, and how WW2 was won!

That should be enough for most anyone. It's an excellent movie.

Happy shaves,

Jim

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Apollo 11. I was a little over a year old when this happened, but have always been intrigued with anything Apollo- it was America at its Zenith. Was fun to relive the footage.

Watched LONESOME last night, a 1929 silent with a few very short sound sequences. A few fantastic hand colored scenes as well.. A nice story of boy meets girl, but the real treat is watching the cameras roll through 1929 New York City at Carnival time..Very few actors, just real NYC people enjoying life. Coney Island jam packed as the cameras roll through. A quick scene with a very young Andy Devine , very enjoyable film... Lonesome

On a plane back from Hong Kong yesterday so I started to watch Holmes and Watson, and gave up after 15 mins or so, just did not warm to it at all. I normally quite like Will Ferrell films but this wasn't one. I then tried The Con Is On, which I enjoyed better, if a little lightweight.

I tried to watch "Mohawk" on netflix today. I do not recommend. Basically, a lousy action movie based on historical native american/white settler conflicts of the past. I also watched "Cold Pursuit" with Liam Neeson. Great movie, highly recommend.

Lately I am left with the feeling that all of Neeson's films are simply variations on a theme.

I watched "Mid90s" on Netflix last night. Not really sure how to categorize it, and not really sure how I feel about it, overall. It did keep my interest, though.

Top Bottom