Biblical Innards
I made this handle and was waiting for Maggard to come out with the SHD Bulb
2 Band . They did and I did put it in .
My initial thoughts about it are
Very Nice Face feel with just the right amount of Backbone
Super soft tips
Makes Lather with the best of them.
I am going to the battles right now with my other 2 band Brushes and I will
have more thoughts when I have used it in a few more battles .
I like my older 2 band s from Maggard and I am still wondering if it is worth the price jump for me or not .
Awhile back I did a test with 3 different 2 Band knots called Bang for The Buck
My Favorite at that time is going up against this new 24mm SHD and Like I said I will give you my thoughts in a few days .
Bang test2.jpg

Attachments

• Bang test3.jpg
    Bang test3.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Bang test 5.jpg
    Bang test 5.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Bang test 6.jpg
    Bang test 6.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Bang test.jpg
    Bang test.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 31
Every time I see one of your brushes it inspires me and I want to do more turning. Unfortunately I have many projects taking up my time right now.
You are a truly talented wood worker.

beautiful handle and knot.

BTW, I was thinking I would reknot the great handle you sent me with either this or the fan. I also used some very fine micromesh to polish the finish a bit. came out great.

what was the diameter of that handle hole when you used the 24mm knot? 26mm hole ?

That's an absolute beauty Steve! I love the color and the shape is very sleek, and if I dare say, sexy looking!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So today another shave and great lather .
I used a older Maggard 2 band 24mm vs the SHD 24mm
The SHD felt fuller on my face but the older 2 band was very nice also
Both made great lathers with CC Venture and both released it with no problems at all
The SHD has softer tips and a more Luxurious feel on My Face with just the right amount of backbone .
I do prefer this bulb shape knot over the SHD fan .

Interesting that the is a noticeable difference In feel between the two SHD knots. I thought it would be more of a visual appeal than a difference in feel.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Bocotoe, Purple heart, Cocobolo , Ash , Maple .
Around 12-14 coats of CA and then buffing with fine scratch remover polish .

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Interesting that the is a noticeable difference In feel between the two SHD knots. I thought it would be more of a visual appeal than a difference in feel.[/QUOTEmy

for my face anyway the bulb just feels better

Graydog

Biblical Innards
That's an absolute beauty Steve! I love the color and the shape is very sleek, and if I dare say, sexy looking!
The detail gouge is one of my favorite tools and let me put a small cove and a small bead that makes it for me

Top Bottom