I Waxed The Badger.
Williams
Arko
Palmolive

If we mean true soaps. If croaps are fair game, then
I'd replace one of those with
Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe

I only use three soaps:
Arko stick, shaved and pressed into a bowl. Love this soap.
Cella, kilo. Another Fantastic soap
New type of the Williams Mug Soap mixed with 1/2 bar Dove (Shea Butter or Cucumber). I'd never mix the vintage Williams but the new stuff needs a tweak. Mixing it with Dove surprisingly makes a fast few second lathering, slick, long lasting, hydrating soap and I get a nice scent, inexpensive too.

I only use three soaps:
Arko stick, shaved and pressed into a bowl. Love this soap.
Cella, kilo. Another Fantastic soap
New type of the Williams Mug Soap mixed with 1/2 bar Dove (Shea Butter or Cucumber). I'd never mix the vintage Williams but the new stuff needs a tweak. Mixing it with Dove surprisingly makes a fast few second lathering, slick, long lasting, hydrating soap and I get a nice scent, inexpensive too.
Hmm.... I’ll have to try that Williams tweak.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
1) Mitchell's Wool Fat:
The first shave soap I used, and haven't found anything to better it yet. I could happily stick with just this one soap for home use.

2) Palmolive stick:
Not as good post shave as Mitchell's, but gives a great shave. Better than a number of premium soaps I tried samples of. Supply has now been stopped to UK High Street retailers, but the few I have stashed away, will last me quite a while. Especially as it's a secondary soap to Mitchell's.

3) Vacant Slot:
I haven't discovered a third which I would be happy buying for the rest of my life. In fairness, I've probably only tried six other soaps, and four creams, but have no intention of becoming one of the guys who has to try everything. I think I'd be quite content with this slot going to random samples, if only to remind myself how good the other two are :lol:

1) Baume.Be
2) Nuavia
3) SV

Edit: I want to mention that my #1, Baume.Be, is the cream version.

The Baume.Be cream is possibly the best shaving product I have purchased. The Baume.Be soap is the worst shaving product I bought (along with a Chinese badger brush I purchased years ago, which loses hairs just by looking at it).

Dear gents in this forum,
Testing new soaps is always fun, but sometimes a bit risky.
I always wondered what are my choices if I could only pick three brands of shaving soaps.
Mine are
Pannacrema
Tallow and Steel
Declaration Grooming

What are yours?
Any forthcoming inputs are highly appreciated.

Yardley
Old Spice
Imperial Leather.

MWF - best lather, best post shave
TOBS - Almost as good lather and post shave, enjoy variety scents
a bunch in third, Sterling, B&M, Haslinger, Oleo Soapworks, Shannon, etc. etc.

Can you describe the scent as fully as possible? I buy soaps/creams for their scents.

I'll terrible at describing scents...but I'll try.

The scent is not strong at all. It smells fresh and masculine - a little citrus and perhaps a hint of cologne. This is a cream you buy for the performance (slickness, protection and post-shave), not for the strength of its scent.

Last edited:
Stirling
Mike’s
Chiseled Face

If Haslinger still made tallow soap, it’s be in there somewhere. Although I haven’t yet tried the new non tallow formula.

Top Bottom