What's new

Is there anything better than MWF?

MWF is by far the best soap for me, which is a real surprises because it's so affordable and will probably be my one and only once I get through the rest of what I have. It also took me quite a few tried to get it dialed in properly.

I put it above, ABC, Valobra, and MDC.

But I'm curious, of those who love MWF, have you tried anything equal or superior to it?

proxy.php

It’s a great soap. But there are so many others too! I love MWF but I experiment with so many including MdC and the artisans and toe-to-toe, the others can be even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I'm curious, of those who love MWF, have you tried anything equal or superior to it?
I’m a huge fan of MWF. In my opinion Tabac is every bit as good and lathers a little easier. With that said, I use and enjoy both. They are both top tier performers.
94F973CC-CFEC-4CF6-8416-4391F229D655.jpeg
5525E10F-5558-4F86-AFD8-55EF5CBB7C6B.jpeg
94787A9E-CA4A-44A7-A0FA-951839FA4931.jpeg
BDC35585-2AFA-4D9D-BC2C-B0172EC78DA0.jpeg

A lot of folks have difficulty lathering MWF., including me. Once you get a lather, that lather performs quite well, but I do not want to go to all the effort of building a lather. Perhaps, if you have soft water, it will work better for you.

MWF is an ever-green classic often forgotten in this age of artisan soaps. In my experience, MWF has been one of the best soap I've tried. It has been my first "premium" soap when I started wet-shaving years ago and since then I loved every shave when the "Fat" was the lather of the day. Highly protective, a superb post-shave and an inoffensive clean scent. Tallow+Lanolin? Yes please!
Every skin is different, every shaver has his water (hard/soft) or lathering technique. What is good for me it may be not that good to others.
In my restricted den, only a few soaps are better than MFW: Declaration Grooming, Saponificio Varesino and Tallow+Steel come to mind.
I can only highly recommend MWF.

Mwf is great once lathered okay. However I personally prefer MdC by quite a bit. Also prefer grooming dept and wholly kaw. About even with tabac but mwf better post shave. My two cents.

I don't think a good MWF lather can be beat. When you nail it, it's as good as anything.

However, other soaps have that same level of performance. I love the post shave qualities of SV Opuntia 4.3, so I generally prefer it over MWF.

MWF mass produced?

This is Mitchell's Wool Fat manufacturing facility (the small house)

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is Saponificio Varesino (the factory)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yummyyyy. Such artisanship and vegan pride. :nuke::laugh:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
MWF is a nice soap, but there are many that I think are better, including Tabac and Arko.......

Top Bottom