What's new

Anyone use Talc?

Johnson & Johnson has been doubling down on its claim that the product is safe.

It said on Wednesday that “decades of independent tests by regulators and the world's leading labs prove Johnson & Johnson's baby powder is safe and asbestos-free, and does not cause cancer.”

Did some digging and the short answer is yes, all talc has the potential to contain asbestos. It has to do with where the talc is mined because many talc mines are contaminated with naturally occurring asbestos. No talc can be 100% guaranteed to not contain asbestos. The contamination ranges from 0-20%.

That is scary!

Talc works much better than "best cornstarch" used by Pinaud these days.
Agree 100%. I used the Clubman Talcum powder for years. The last time I ordered it (over a year ago) they sent the “best powder” and I didn’t care for it at all. I switched to Taylor Of Old Bond Street talc. It’s just like the old Clubman but has a different scent. It’s a tad more expensive too.
2BD655E3-3E33-4382-B82E-B134222E3572.jpeg

I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I read somewhere that the TOOBS talcum powder is not actually talc but magnesium carbonate. With that said, it feels just like talc.

I stopped using it in the groin area long ago, and when I use it today in my shoes , I hold my breath and exit the room....Keep it out of the lungs and all bodily orifices and you'll be just fine...
IMG_0453.JPG
boro.jpg

Top Bottom