What's new

Anyone cut down (over) or whatever for spring/summer?

Just wondering....I have limited space really, and things were starting to stack up. I went thru and packed away stuff that I considered 'heavier' or 'darker' scents, more suited to fall/winter.

Here's what made the cut for this summer:

proxy.php

Any of you guys do this, and if so what are your go-to's for the warmer months?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I probably use more Menthol types in the Summer months but I still use Menthol types in the Winter months as well. I don’t really worry about seasonal soaps but I probably only have about 15 soaps all up.

Not putting anything away, I haven't got that much anyway.
Will use more often my P&B Trafalgar - classic summer scent. Might start on MdC Rose later on.

I have 106 soaps, so far so it takes a season just to go through them all once!! I don't bother. I like them all too much.

There are still a few GD that I am patiently waiting to add to the list.

I like to keep it lighter for spring/summer. Haslinger coconut and PAA the beach is my favorite summer pairing. I don't keep a lot on hand and there are soaps and aftershaves that I will use all year, but typically save scents like sandalwood, smolder, and other woodsy scents for fall/winter.

I cut down on ordering soaps/creams in the summer as I’ve had some arrived damaged by the heat...
No switches with the use rotation though.

I'm definitely a seasonal scent person. When it starts warming up Coniferous, First Snow, Nocturne, North, Stirling Christmas Eve, all go away until Fall. Time of year doesn't hugely affect ordering habits, though I'm less likely to order something that I normally wouldn't use during that season.

I'm definitely a seasonal scent person. When it starts warming up Coniferous, First Snow, Nocturne, North, Stirling Christmas Eve, all go away until Fall. Time of year doesn't hugely affect ordering habits, though I'm less likely to order something that I normally wouldn't use during that season.

This is me, but also with the ordering.

I get a little OCD about seasonal scents; I don't want to be shaving with something that reminds me of winter in the summer, it just sort of bugs me. Plus I live in the desert, it's all we can do to be cool in the summer, a huge warm scent would make me sick in the heat.

Added this one to the rotation today:

proxy.php

Wife really loves it as she's more traditional than I am, and it's light enough that I can do it for summertime. I really want to pick up a Stirling mentholated next, I'm starting to be a big fan of their soaps and prices.

This is me, but also with the ordering.

I get a little OCD about seasonal scents; I don't want to be shaving with something that reminds me of winter in the summer, it just sort of bugs me. Plus I live in the desert, it's all we can do to be cool in the summer, a huge warm scent would make me sick in the heat.

Added this one to the rotation today:

Wife really loves it as she's more traditional than I am, and it's light enough that I can do it for summertime. I really want to pick up a Stirling mentholated next, I'm starting to be a big fan of their soaps and prices.

Good choice. Not one I liked enough to buy, but I can see why you would.

The opposite is true too! If I'm about to go out into a snow storm throwing some pineapple scented menthol on my face is hardly appealing!

All of my Tabac and woodsy soaps are stashed for now. Island man is out for a while and just broke out my MITA and satsuma today. Chiselled Face cryogen is next but that thing is hard to shave with on regular base even if it is like 110 out there. I use it just for change of pace or mix it with some other favourite soap to give it a little cool kick.

Yes, my woody, heavy scents get put away, along with soaps that leave a heavy face feel. That leaves me with citrus and floral scents. Righr now I have B&B Lavada, WTP Lime and Orange, RR XX, and Stirling Piscenza.

I make no such differences in my soaps. I have them all stored in the same place and shave with what I want when I want. Uncircumcised Philistine that I be.

Good choice. Not one I liked enough to buy, but I can see why you would.

The opposite is true too! If I'm about to go out into a snow storm throwing some pineapple scented menthol on my face is hardly appealing!
A couple times over the winter, on the coldest days, I'll break out a menthol, just to remind me what summer was like. The opposite has not true for me for winter scents, those go away in early spring.

My rotation dosent change do to scent. I just purchase shave soaps with scent profiles I like and move on to the next when they are finished.

I would say most of the scents are spring\summer I have anyway. It's my favorite time of the year.

Now colognes are a different story.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I only use four soaps. I’m not really concerned with various scents. Tabac is the only one with a noticeable scent of the four.

Top Bottom