What's new

Time to find out if I'm Chosen

I've seen a lot of threads about The Veg here, and it seems to be one of those things where you either love or hate it. My curiosity led me to order a 50ml bottle online, and this morning it arrived!
The VEG.jpg
I've sniffed the bottle, and I'm definitely getting the urinal scent people describe. It's not the only scent, but it's definitely there. Not sure if I want to smell like that! Should I decant it into glass and see if it improves?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never used the stuff due to it's notoriety. I vaguely remember reading it might be best to decant it. Hopefully some other members who have used the stuff can chime in. I am interested to see what comments you get from others around you after you try it.

I've seen a lot of threads about The Veg here, and it seems to be one of those things where you either love or hate it. My curiosity led me to order a 50ml bottle online, and this morning it arrived!
View attachment 979681
I've sniffed the bottle, and I'm definitely getting the urinal scent people describe. It's not the only scent, but it's definitely there. Not sure if I want to smell like that! Should I decant it into glass and see if it improves?
Do a double blind test with actual urine and see if you can reliably tell the difference. It's for science after all :001_302:

Ok, I put it in a glass bottle, how long should I leave it?
The VEG1.jpg
I thought the bottle was appropriate:001_rolle

View attachment 979744

At least a few years. Lol.

No, if you want at least the plastic edge of the scent to wear off, it’ll take a week or two. Open it up once in a while briefly to let in some air. The longer the better, but it’s usable almost immediately.

I was evaluating essential oils and was surprised how many used urea as a carrier. More scents had the urea than didn't. I think that the Veg is just old school. The urea will dissipate and leave the lilac scent. I will add the Veg to the den at the first chance.

View attachment 979744
Nice bottle, you can use it immediately but the glass does help the scent for long term storage.

I'm rocking the The Veg today, I love the scent in the Spring but then I'm one of the Chosen.

Good luck - let us know if you you have joined the ranks of the Chosen or have been caste down by the Mighty Veg :001_smile

Everyone should find out if they are chosen! Good for you and good luck @Xray .

While I have never smelled urine as a note, I know that there are urinal cakes that use lilac as a scent that is similar. In any case, the really bright scents you get at first smell mostly burns off in 15 minutes for me. The rest is lilac, powder and musky green scents similar to a working greenhouse. Don’t be shy and give it 20 minutes the first time before you judge it.

Do a double blind test with actual urine and see if you can reliably tell the difference. It's for science after all :001_302:

+1! Strictly for science. But you must have a cooperative cat (according to LOTH)! :jump:

Speaking as one who was NOT chosen.

I love lilacs. I have 2 large shrubs in my yeard. Should get me some of the Veg in a future shopping spree.

Pee and poo are a thing in perfumery. Civet, musk, honey, urea, ambergris (whale puke) and all that jazz.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
At least a few years. Lol.

No, if you want at least the plastic edge of the scent to wear off, it’ll take a week or two. Open it up once in a while briefly to let in some air. The longer the better, but it’s usable almost immediately.

Yeah, mine's been in glass three years and it STILL smells like the Veg.

OP, don't worry - the funeral home note and the loaded diaper note are much stronger than the cat pee note. Really, it's more urinal cake than anything.

Urinal cake at Budget Family Funeral Home ...

AA

Ok, today is a good day to try it, since I'm at home and not expecting any social interactions! Sniffing it from the glass bottle, the urinal puck smell is barely noticeable now. I put a decent amount on my wrists, (didn't put any on my face, since I don't want olfactory fatigue to affect my judgment) and after a few minutes it has dried down to a sort of powdery, subtly floral scent.
I wasn't expecting to enjoy the Veg, I was really just trying it to appease my curiosity, but... guys, I think I've joined the ranks!!:thumbup:

8A654AB3-B6D9-495E-AEF7-E153AACD4DE9.jpeg
Ok, today is a good day to try it, since I'm at home and not expecting any social interactions! Sniffing it from the glass bottle, the urinal puck smell is barely noticeable now. I put a decent amount on my wrists, (didn't put any on my face, since I don't want olfactory fatigue to affect my judgment) and after a few minutes it has dried down to a sort of powdery, subtly floral scent.
I wasn't expecting to enjoy the Veg, I was really just trying it to appease my curiosity, but... guys, I think I've joined the ranks!!:thumbup:
Congratulations! Welcome to the chosen.

I purchased a bottle of Lilac Vegetal and absolutely hated the smell of cat urine. I have two cats, so I am quite familiar with that scent. It is not a scent I want to wear. I just about dumped it when I learned of the improvement that can be had through decanting.

Initially, I poured the entire bottle into a cruet designed for oil and vinegar. The shape of the cruet allowed a large contact area between the Veg juice and air, just like a wine decanter. The improvement in scent was dramatic and quite rapid. I wondered if that was all it needed, so I poured the juice back into the original plastic bottle. Big mistake! The urine odor soon returned. Thus, I purchased a nice glass bottle for long-term storage of The Veg. The plastic bottle is gone and the urine smell is no more...well, except in the laundry room where the cats' litter box resides.

I do not use aftershaves all that often, but I no longer fear applying The Veg when I am in the mood for a floral scent.

Top Bottom