What's new

Do I officially have a problem?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I wanted to ask something.
I shave with 3 or maximum 4 different razors. But in the recent years I've probably bought more than 30 (a conservative estimate). Many of them were later sold with a loss or PIFed. Same with razor handles. But I keep buying razors and handles that I don't use. Do I have a serious problem here?

Problem??

One of the newcomers may earn a plane in your rotation. They deserve a chance!

Around here, I call it ‘inventory control!’ :a29:

I do the same thing. I can afford doing it and it brings moments of joy and pleasure into my life. Don't worry be happy. :001_smile

I shave with 3 or maximum 4 different razors. But in the recent years I've probably bought more than 30 (a conservative estimate). Many of them were later sold with a loss or PIFed. Same with razor handles. But I keep buying razors and handles that I don't use. Do I have a serious problem here?

Most definitely! You should be using at least 6 different razors weekly, and looking for a way to work in another 5...:001_302:

I was that way about razors for a while. Then it was soaps, blades, aftershaves. I managed to kick it and now I am that way about colognes. My collection is massive!

I can't say I *regret* it exactly, especially the fragrance thing. I USE them. I think what you have to ask yourself is whether it is serving a purpose for you. I used to have a bit of a drinking problem, but I don't anymore and the collecting helps me relieve stress instead. Whatever the case, there are far more destructive habits to have. Just think about the opioid epidemic in the US. Fire departments all carry anti-narcotic drugs and many respond to overdoses more than they do other emergencies. When you look at it that way, your problem is small. The main issue seems to be that you have a bunch of redundant products on the shelf just sitting there. Maybe you should get into fragrances instead, like I did. If you're still able to pay rent, bills, etc; maybe you should transfer this impulse into something you'll actually use. Broaden your horizons and be happy with a new collection that relates to this one in some way.

If you think you will find a winner and it is within your budget, not really a problem. I understand though. I spent more than I should in recent months, so I've been having to sell a lot of stuff.

Nah, you're ok. I had upwards of 250 razors at one point now I'm down to 24 or so and I rotate through then whole group...some more than others. But these are razors that over the years, I have grown to really appreciate.

M

member 119848

You seem to be keeping a cap on your collection. Which is a sign of self control.
I have purchased too much shaving gear too, during the past two years. But once I found what works for me, there was no need to perpetuate any AD.

You need more motivation not demotivation lol. Pls go help the economy and PIF done stuff here. Heck even I'm helping you guys from here lol.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It is reasonable to find the best razor for you. :001_smile

There are hundreds if not thousands, so it takes a while. :001_tt2:

AA

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
If it leaves you short of cash for other things, or you frequently regret buying, or it's a compulsion that you can't stop, you have a problem.

If you enjoy it, have no buyers remorse, can freely choose whether or not to make each purchase, and never leave yourself unable to pay priority bills, carry on :D

Ideally would be to have 366 different razors (and preferably the same number of different brushes) and then you could be shaving each day of a year with different razor. To have one for a New Year, one for the birthday, one for Halloween and one for 29th of February, could be the one you don't like too much and use it ones in every 4 years...

Just a suggestion...

You should be shaving with 14 razors per week. One razor a day for the morning shave and one different one for the 6 pm shave.

Why do gun collectors need more than one gun? Same can be said for collectors of other things. Yes you have a problem. Your setting next to me in the rabbit hole. You only need one razor but you like to have many as do I. I'd like 30 wives but the maintenance is to high. I'd spend all my time hauling TP.

Top Bottom