What's new

When in Germany...

JPEG image 19.jpeg
It would be rude to gloat... however. I am in Germany for a few days and found myself in a “Global Supermarket”. Picked up a few items. In England next week... I hope to find more items of interest.

Wait... I know I’ve been out of the game for a very long time... but is that Speick in a BOWL?!!

I can in here looking for Irish Moos and promptly remembered that they quit making the sticks years ago.

At least you can still get Speick sticks!! Mind if I ask you how much you paid for the sticks and bowl of Speick?

I know we don't talk prices/value on this site but I am thinking that applies mostly to razors/brushes... especially vintage. If I am wrong I ask that an administrator let me know and I will delete this response (all prices have been converted to U.S. dollars).

I did see some Irish Moos but not in the stick. I got the Speick tub from a pharmacy chain "DM" it was $10.00.
Everything else came from a big supermarket chain "Globus" not Global. It is my understanding that both of these companies, DM and Globus, have stores throughout Germany:

Palmolive stick $1.06 each
Palmolive tube 95 cents each
Speick tube $3.30 each
Tabac stick $5.53 each
Tabac tube $4.19
Nivea shave cream tube $1.40
Wilkenson tube $2.17

You should have held off on the palmolive sticks - you can get them for 50p (65c at today's exchange rate) in branches of Tesco (supermarket) and Wilkinsons (general store, no relation to the razors/blades).

You don't get Speick or Tabac, though.

You should have held off on the palmolive sticks - you can get them for 50p (65c at today's exchange rate) in branches of Tesco (supermarket) and Wilkinsons (general store, no relation to the razors/blades).

You don't get Speick or Tabac, though.
Yes... I thought I noticed the checkout lady laughing. She had me pegged as a tourist and was taking advantage of me (she probably also made up the requirement of paying 15 cents for the paper grocery bag!).

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I held back a bit, just a couple tubes of Speick cream, a tube Florena and a bowl of Speick soap.

Yes... I thought I noticed the checkout lady laughing. She had me pegged as a tourist and was taking advantage of me (she probably also made up the requirement of paying 15 cents for the paper grocery bag!).

Great haul, World Travelin' L.A. Jones...
and, no, she wasn't making up the 15 Cents for the paper bag. If you don't bring your own bag, German stores charge for them.

Top Bottom