What's new

Salmon recipies.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I usually pan sear mine. The Mrs. demands crispy skin.

A tiny bit of oil in a hot pan, sear salmon skin side down and watch the thickest edge of the fillet. When you see the flesh start to turn opaque about 50% of the way up flip it over and cook for another 20-30 seconds. Plate the salmon, carefully remove the skin and place it back in the pan to crisp it up. Twice fried skin.

It takes a bit of practice but it's quick and the skin is crispy like a potato chip.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

Done Sockeye Salmon last week. Cedar plank, lemon juice, kosher salt, white pepper and a cashew nut crust. Smokerbox with Pecan.
20190501_161807.jpg
The Fam chrushed it!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Mix equal parts sugar and kosher salt. Apply heavily to a large filet or side of salmon. Place in large ziplock bag with sprigs of dill or herbs of your choice. Refrigerate 72 hours, flipping twice daily. Rinse under cold water, pat dry and return to fridge. Slice thinly and enjoy, no cooking required.

Lemon juice the filet 30 minutes prior, dusting of Tony’s Cajun spices, sprigs of rosemary, some butter, and smoked over oak

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Grilled some tonight. I prefer Sockeye but all they had was Atlantic. Ground coriander, ground ancho Chile powder, garlic powder and a little salt 'n pepper. Grilled asparagus timing is parallel with thick salmon fillets. Mmmmm!

Top Bottom