What's new

Scalp laser treatment advice

Hi all

I've thought recently about laser treatment to remove what hair i have left as I'd rather not have to shave my head especially as i don't get round to it any more than once per week which means it looks worse (balder) as the week progresses. Saying that, even straight after shaving you can see the bald spot.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice and cost info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Marc

Quite some time I looked into laser for my face when I was getting sick and tired of daily cartridge shaving. Never did it and eventually discovered traditional wet shaving which is so much better (for me).

I can't tell you anything about cost I'm afraid but I did discover the following:

1. The more follicles you have in the area being treated, the longer/more sessions it takes. It is not an overnight fix.
2. Only darker hair can be treated. Grey or white hair is untouched by the process and will grow back.
3. It's not always permanent, though it may take a long time to resurface.
4. The hair may grow back patchy while the process is ongoing.
5. Some places are more painful than others. Don't know about head but I was warned that to kill off coarse facial hair was not going to be a very pleasant experience.

Not trying to put you off, it may be ideal for you, but I think it's important you know the whole story, which you'll get more of if you go for a consultation

Quite some time I looked into laser for my face when I was getting sick and tired of daily cartridge shaving. Never did it and eventually discovered traditional wet shaving which is so much better (for me).

I can't tell you anything about cost I'm afraid but I did discover the following:

1. The more follicles you have in the area being treated, the longer/more sessions it takes. It is not an overnight fix.
2. Only darker hair can be treated. Grey or white hair is untouched by the process and will grow back.
3. It's not always permanent, though it may take a long time to resurface.
4. The hair may grow back patchy while the process is ongoing.
5. Some places are more painful than others. Don't know about head but I was warned that to kill off coarse facial hair was not going to be a very pleasant experience.

Not trying to put you off, it may be ideal for you, but I think it's important you know the whole story, which you'll get more of if you go for a consultation

Cheers mate, appreciate the help

I think if you are absolutely sure you will never want any of that hair there, laser treatment is a great option. I would estimate about 2k for the whole thing. It takes a fair number of treatments to get all of the hair. And, white or gray hairs don't work as mentioned previously. I'd get a free consultation.

I think if you are absolutely sure you will never want any of that hair there, laser treatment is a great option. I would estimate about 2k for the whole thing. It takes a fair number of treatments to get all of the hair. And, white or gray hairs don't work as mentioned previously. I'd get a free consultation.

Definitely don't need the hair that's left. I did think it would be expensive. My hair is naturally dark.

Cheers all

That's just a guess on cost. And, it's not an all or none proposition. You pay x amount for each treatment and each one gradually reduces the regrowth. I'd at least check it out. Think how much time and money you would save over time.

That's just a guess on cost. And, it's not an all or none proposition. You pay x amount for each treatment and each one gradually reduces the regrowth. I'd at least check it out. Think how much time and money you would save over time.

Agreed. Expensive but worth checking out.

Top Bottom