What's new

Crown & Crane - Any love for this brand?

I have been using some soaps from Crown & Crane that I bought a little while back and am very pleased with these soaps. They have excellent scent profiles and the performance IMHO is up there with the top artisans.

I was just curious if many folks on here have used them as I don't see their name discussed on here at all?

If you have not tried them, or at least checked their website out, I would highly recommend doing that. I got their Cognac & Cubans and Tobacco Leaf & Amber soaps and I love both of them, everything about them. The post shave is Awesome also!!!

yes. I got some in a sample box of their Port Royal Bay Rum and loved it. At the time, it was very good soap base too. I, in fact, prefer this bay rum scent to the others I have tried.

I am surprised they do not have a bigger following. Also, the price is good too.

yes. I got some in a sample box of their Port Royal Bay Rum and loved it. At the time, it was very good soap base too. I, in fact, prefer this bay rum scent to the others I have tried.

I am surprised they do not have a bigger following. Also, the price is good too.
I am to, they seem to have a very good selection, and the offering size is great at their price point. I am excited to try some of their other scents. I am a fan of aftershave balm, but would be nice if they had some splashes to, that is the only thing lacking that I can find with Crown & Crane.

Crown & Crane are HIGHLY UNDERRATED IMO. And its not just their shave soaps that are good, their Balms and Body Powder are top notch as well. They offer some unique scents that are complex and well blended. C&C also offers both Vegan and Tallow soaps and both obviously took some time and effort to master the recipe, its somewhat rare for a artisan to have good formulas for BOTH as usually either the Tallow or Vegan is better than the other, but found very little difference between the 2 performance wise.

Crown & Crane are HIGHLY UNDERRATED IMO. And its not just their shave soaps that are good, their Balms and Body Powder are top notch as well. They offer some unique scents that are complex and well blended. C&C also offers both Vegan and Tallow soaps and both obviously took some time and effort to master the recipe, its somewhat rare for a artisan to have good formulas for BOTH as usually either the Tallow or Vegan is better than the other, but found very little difference between the 2 performance wise.
I am glad to see that they are getting some love from some others also. I only have two of their offerings, but look forward to trying some more, and also their balms.
Of their scents that you have tried, what are your favorites?

I use Spruce and Taos on a regular basis. I like that they come in pucks and the scents are nice but not overwhelming.

I just saw them at a wet shaving expo. I told them, not to be offended but that I had never heard of them before.

The owner made a lather in the morning and it was still sitting there at the end of the day! I felt the lather at the end of the day and it felt very good.

I just saw them at a wet shaving expo. I told them, not to be offended but that I had never heard of them before.

The owner made a lather in the morning and it was still sitting there at the end of the day! I felt the lather at the end of the day and it felt very good.
Yeah, I was the same way, and had not seem that mentioned very much at all on any of the wet shaving forums.
I respect that, to lay low on the radar, but to me that doesn't reflect the quality or performance of their product. I can't wait to get to some more of their soaps.

Oooops! The above should be related to Cooper & French. See, I still hardly know who they are.

I am glad to see that they are getting some love from some others also. I only have two of their offerings, but look forward to trying some more, and also their balms.
Of their scents that you have tried, what are your favorites?

Deep Ellum is my favorite of the scents i have tried (Thurgurstan Forest, Jamacian Peppercorn) and it is a deep complex citrus that smells like something the royal family would use, ellegant and refined (moreso than the royals themselfs hahaha). Picked up the set from the BST and love all their products i have tried so far. My GF really likes the body powder and uses it on a daily basis.

Top Bottom