What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

Well, obliterating the "Dead" completely would be too much of a "happy ending" would it not?

I suspect the victory for the living will be one which sees the remnants of the dead retreating to the frozen wastes beyond the wall, which will then have to be rebuilt before "the Dead" can amass enough strength to come South again.

Yeah that sounds possible. I wonder if someone important will get the uncle benjen treatment with dragon glass instead of being actually killed.

What was that huge scar on Arya's mid section?

Wasn’t that when the Waif got her on the bridge with the old woman’s face?
Knifed her in the belly a few times.
So looking forward to this next episode.
I read a theory that the Night King and his army may not be at Winterfell but at Kings Landing.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That theory makes sense to me. There was a few times they mentioned how many people are in Kings Landing, 1 million people. And I think it was in Brans vision he saw a dragon flying over Kings Landing.

That theory makes sense to me. There was a few times they mentioned how many people are in Kings Landing, 1 million people. And I think it was in Brans vision he saw a dragon flying over Kings Landing.
Yeah the dragon could also just be Danny’s. But Danny also had a dream that the throne room was covered in snow, which could mean the night king destroys the city. Or it could also mean the North takes over the throne and destroys it in some way. Maybe they change the way Westeros is ruled, no one gets to be the king kinda thing?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
A couple of theories. John Snow somehow becomes the Night King, he then controls the army of the dead and they spare Winterfell and head to Kings Landing. The army then retreats north John rules them and Dani sits on the Iron Throne.

My favorite: John Snow is Azor Ahai which means Dani will have to die to bring forth the Lightbringer sword to defeat the Night King. If they love each other. Since it is prophecy and a play on words Dani could be the Lightbringer Sword and is given to the night king as a sacrifice and he heads back North.

Theory one is plausible though, without the Army of the dead who the **** is going to defeat Cersie at Kings Landing. Not the North after battling the Night KIng. :smile:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A couple of theories. John Snow somehow becomes the Night King, he then controls the army of the dead and they spare Winterfell and head to Kings Landing. The army then retreats north John rules them and Dani sits on the Iron Throne.

My favorite: John Snow is Azor Ahai ...

That reference is worth Googling, for those who haven't read the books (me).

AA

Vivat Ser Brienne of Tarth!
Is that the first time we've ever seen her smile like that?

new topic...
Is Jon fire-resistant, like Dany?
If so, are they dragon fire-resistant?
Finally, are they undead dragon fire-resistant?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Wasn’t that when the Waif got her on the bridge with the old woman’s face?
Knifed her in the belly a few times.
So looking forward to this next episode.
I read a theory that the Night King and his army may not be at Winterfell but at Kings Landing.
Interesting
Having the next battle at winterfell does seem "early" for such a major battle. Its only the third episode. Plus the long preparation episode might have been a set up

Vivat Ser Brienne of Tarth!
Is that the first time we've ever seen her smile like that?

new topic...
Is Jon fire-resistant, like Dany?
If so, are they dragon fire-resistant?
Finally, are they undead dragon fire-resistant?
I thought he wasn’t because he burned his hand when he killed the walker at the wall? Or is it maybe a new power you can acquire?

Also I thought the dragons were fire proof, I think they mentioned that at some point but I could be wrong.
But I remember there was an article talking about the undead dragon was breathing blue fire which is supposed to be way hotter than normal dragon fire?

I dunno what to think but I’m excited to see what happens with the dragons this week.

What I meant was "if a dragon breaths fire on/at Dany, is she still fireproof?"
And now that I think about it, what about Wildfire?

Oh - I just remembered what happened to Viserys, and his "golden crown". Clearly there are limits, or else being a Targaryan is no guarantee.of safety from hot stuff..

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
When dude got the gold poured over his head Dany was like “he is no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon”. Which just meant to me that dude might have been her brother but he didn’t have the “power” like she does. So not all Targaryen are fireproof. I still think for Jon it’s the cold that won’t kill him. Like maybe the ice dragon breathes on him and he’s not fazed.

Fun stuff.

And don't they have dead giants, too?

They do.

Wildfire! Might be an opportune time for another appearance of wildfire. A little deus ex machine, but GOT has not been above that in the past.

I do think this battle coming this early in this mini-season, albeit the last season, may signal that there is going to be some major switch as to what we can expect to happen. I do think on some level as a matter of objective factors that we are aware of, there is no way the humans should win this. But I do not think that is the way it is going to go.

BTW, any of my comments here are based on the show alone and not the books. If the books, for instance, say a lot of Dani's inner process, I am not privy to that.

I'm eager to see how the specifics of the dragons' breath factors into things, if at all. That is, if there will be any correlation to the way dragon breath works in AD&D. I kind of doubt it. But GRRM certainly seems to be the type to have played RPGs like AD&D.
If the NK's dragon qualifies as a white/ice dragon, its breath would be an icy/frost blast.
The remaining two, having fire for breath, would be considered red dragons.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This just made its way into my liquor cabinet.
DE2FD265-995F-4D04-A104-5ECF4E306178.jpeg

327E2D7F-957B-4083-80A8-65C7B92205C4.jpeg

E196D5EC-327F-474D-9F7D-B994672B4D7A.jpeg

F115E1A1-49FA-43E9-9E36-9361566E64E7.jpeg

Maybe I’ll drink it after the season is over and then save the bottle.
Or never drink it.
Or save this bottle and buy another to drink.
Hmmm!!!

Top Bottom