What's new

What are some good Rose shaving soaps?

A few days ago, I committed to using the bar of Dusy Kabinett soap (that @Blade4vor kindly sent me at the end of 2017) in earnest after I was previously messing around with it from time to time. I noticed that the scent was starting to fade and I didn't want it to completely dissipate before I got a chance to use it up.

proxy.php

I wrapped some aluminum foil around it and turned it into a quick 'n easy DIY shave brick (er, shave stick!). Dusy is a breeze to lather used this way and it performs with the best of them as far as I'm concerned. The post shave feel is excellent for me--no balm needed even with our cooler spring temps.

I'm looking forward to a spring (and summer, and probably fall if I'm being honest) of nothing but Dusy!

A few days ago, I committed to using the bar of Dusy Kabinett soap (that @Blade4vor kindly sent me at the end of 2017) in earnest after I was previously messing around with it from time to time. I noticed that the scent was starting to fade and I didn't want it to completely dissipate before I got a chance to use it up.

proxy.php

I wrapped some aluminum foil around it and turned it into a quick 'n easy DIY shave brick (er, shave stick!). Dusy is a breeze to lather used this way and it performs with the best of them as far as I'm concerned. The post shave feel is excellent for me--no balm needed even with our cooler spring temps.

I'm looking forward to a spring (and summer, and probably fall if I'm being honest) of nothing but Dusy!

That's a soap that provides a great shave and smells nice at the same time! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Has the scent opened up a bit since you started using it more regularly, Jesse? It never had a real strong scent, but I thought maybe once you got down into it a little, the scent might be slightly stronger. Using that soap as a shave stick is a very economical way to use it. Heck, you might still be working on that stick until this time next year! :lol:

That's a soap that provides a great shave and smells nice at the same time! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Has the scent opened up a bit since you started using it more regularly, Jesse? It never had a real strong scent, but I thought maybe once you got down into it a little, the scent might be slightly stronger. Using that soap as a shave stick is a very economical way to use it. Heck, you might still be working on that stick until this time next year! :lol:
I actually had to give the Klar to my brother after about a week of shaving with it. :frown2: I started to develop that familiar burning/stinging reaction I get with a fair number of soaps (I'm guessing due to the fragrance). It's a shame too! I was really enjoying it up to that point and it was indeed starting to have a stronger scent--which was probably a factor in the irritation getting worse, unfortunately.

We're fraternal twins but my brother has less sensitive skin (or he just has a higher tolerance for irritation). He's received several of my otherwise very nice soaps that just didn't agree with my face. B&M Latha Figgy Puddin', all the bay rum soaps I tried before I gave up on them, some Honeybee soaps, and now the Dusy Klar.

Top Bottom