What's new

What's your favorite form of soap?

What is your favorite form?

• puck

• stick

• cream

Results are only viewable after voting.
What I mean is that soap generally comes in 3 forms, puck, stick or cream. I know you can like them all as I do but if you had to stay with just one form which would it be?
For me it would be a stick.

I can't seem to match puck efficiency with a stick. The surface area to apply is so small, then I have to essentially transfer soap from my face to the brush, only to have it relather on my face. I can get a fine shave with a stick, but I just don't relate as well to the process. It takes quite a bit more time, for basically the same result.

I can't seem to match puck efficiency with a stick. The surface area to apply is so small, then I have to essentially transfer soap from my face to the brush, only to have it relather on my face. I can get a fine shave with a stick, but I just don't relate as well to the process. It takes quite a bit more time, for basically the same result.

You just have to apply more to your face to start with.

I've found shaving sticks work better for me when I have 2+ days stubbles. I almost shave every day and I have to put extra effort for the stick to release enough soap.
I have no problems with creams but overall I prefer the puck as a format.

Puck

I prefer to load directly from the puck. Being a face latherer I find that I can get my lather's consistency just how I want it this way.

It's funny you posted this today Ron. I have a tub of Cyril R Salter Classic Almond shaving cream which I loved except for the fact that it was a cream. I left it curing in a cupboard (with the lid off) till it felt like a croap. (By weight, it's lost ~13% of its moisture.) I just had my first shave with my new CRS "Croap" today... Excellent! :001_smile

I've found shaving sticks work better for me when I have 2+ days stubbles. I almost shave every day and I have to put extra effort for the stick to release enough soap.

I do not have a heavy beard at all and I have no problem with a stick. And no problem with the second pass either. You don't need to have much stubble for a stick to work.

Well, if a croap is a puck, then puck it is... I say with a huge shiver going down my spine at the thought of losing my creams.

Never used a stick ever, but oddly enough, will be getting my first here in a couple of days. Should be interesting - I love the scent of sea buckthorn!

proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@Earcutter When you're done with that soap (Awesome scent BTW!), keep the container to put soaps'n'croaps into for either use at home or as a travel stick.

Top Bottom