What's new

What would Indy use?

After looking at various movie/shaving threads, it occurred to me there is no scene in an Indiana Jones movie where he shaves. Unless I am greatly mistaken and entering my dotage.

There is a internet sub-culture that takes an interest in the gear and accoutrements of Dr. Jones, just as there is for James Bond.

So, DE/SE or a straight? I am a DE guy with on again, off again delusions of straight razor granduer, but I think it would be a DE.

And not flashy, like an Aristocrat or other high end model. I base this on the lack of opulence at his "office" at the university. And his handgun choices. SImple, big Colt, S&W, or Webley revolvers in large calibers of .45 or so. He would use a working man's razor.

So, an Old Type, New, or later on...a Tech.

Mind you, he would use a straight efficiently and expertly, if that was the only option available.

Considering he only looked shaved in civilization and the years set in on Raiders of the Lost Ark I believe he used a Gillette New, maybe a Nickel Tuckaway for traveling. A Colgate stick and a Rubberset boar brush...

Now Henry Jones Sr. I believe is more of a Straight Razor guy, that and a Williams Mug soap.

Cheers

Considering I used to be one of the Internet forum indy gear guys I totally think he was a de user. His life was too get up and go to consider all his straight razor gear. He probably kept his de with him and used what ever blades he was able to find. Probably a lord or whatever else was made in Egypt. He seems to have been in the middles east a lot.

He already carries a British issue MK VII gas mask bag, so how about a 1918 U.S. issue Old Type?

IMG_0161.JPG

A whip is a weapon that requires skill and finesse to use effectively. I'd say an SR would be in his toolkit based on that. DE for quickness. Since he doesn't appear to ever get on a regular flight, he would have no need of a cart. If he flies on regular flights, carts for those occasions.

A whip is a weapon that requires skill and finesse to use effectively. I'd say an SR would be in his toolkit based on that. DE for quickness. Since he doesn't appear to ever get on a regular flight, he would have no need of a cart. If he flies on regular flights, carts for those occasions.
there was no TSA back in Indy’s time, so no need for carts

Lol there’s a thread I started on here years ago about whips. There’s a bunch of my Indy whips posted in there.

Considering he only looked shaved in civilization and the years set in on Raiders of the Lost Ark I believe he used a Gillette New, maybe a Nickel Tuckaway for traveling. A Colgate stick and a Rubberset boar brush...

Now Henry Jones Sr. I believe is more of a Straight Razor guy, that and a Williams Mug soap.

Cheers
I agree with the Tuckaway, but it would be silver.

A whip is a weapon that requires skill and finesse to use effectively...
Exactly. So it's probably what he used for dry shaves in the field. Hence the 5 o'clock shadow. Indy may have smirked his way through calculated risks, but was pretty pragmatic and not into needlessly suffering. He just needed to look good for the ladies, not waste time and blood going for BBS. :a53:

Definitely a stainless DE. Like Indy, it’s practical, portable, traditional, tough, durable, reliable, heavy duty, no nonsense, no frills.
No way could I envisage him mincing around with a pink plastic handled ladies Bic disposable.

Top Bottom