What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrier Brewing Atypical IPA

proxy.php

genessee light in a pan of taco meat to give it a bit more flavor depth

I've gotta start cooking/grilling with more beer in the recipe.....

Milwaukee Burger is a small chain based in Wisconsin. NICE burgers, and all that other type of food that'll probably kill you but goes great with beer. And this is a good thing, since most of their locations have about 40 taps going at one time. A buddy of mine and me stopped there on a "Sconnie Run" for beer. We both left with a crowler of Untitled Artists' Coconut Cream Pie Blonde Stout. I know it sounds terrible, but it actually worked out pretty good. Lots of flavor, more nutty than sweet, and a good brew at 10% ABV. Having it tonight. Perfect.

Don

B3DDA7DF-5C79-4829-A503-3E8D7E77AB47.jpeg F320ECA3-C8DF-4424-BA13-BD7F8A0178E0.jpeg 965C81DD-FA23-428A-9857-0A66DE9736E0.jpeg 40C4E422-0255-449D-97E7-DA713E69EF51.jpeg
Colorado and Utah offerings this week.
First two were at Tommyknocker Brewery in Idaho Springs, CO: their Pick Axe APA and Black Powder Stout.

Last edited:
DSCN0912.JPG

Not gimmicky, but a little over rated for the press release. They (Tin Whiskers) did a previous "regional" candy in a beer (Pearson's Nut Goodie). I never tried that one. This one definitely had a peanut note. Very hazy. It's basically their Elemental Cream Ale with peanuts, white chocolate and caramel. Not overly sweet. Drinkable at 5.5% ABV.

Don

Yes it is! It is why you cannot get it on tap in Utah. It is also why FMU stands for F-me up! And it is why it hits the spot after a few hours and 20 miles of mountain biking in Moab! And it is why one is more than enough!

4AEFB703-E89D-426A-B450-EEBEC1E5DC0D.jpeg
ABA394DE-CBBA-4DC3-AE71-CB2F5305FEBA.jpeg

Last night’s libations: Sierra Nevada Hop Bullet DIPA and Lagunitas Aunt Sally’s Peach Sour. Don’t bother with the DIPA, but I thought the sour was worthy.

Mother Earth vanilla cream nitro ale. Nice tall head for just a minute. Thin tasting. Watery mouth feel. Just a hint of sweetness on the front of the pallet. Just ok on a hot day
proxy.php

240A7EF8-838F-4C45-9561-C7FD42D61AA2.jpeg

Six Point Dabble. It’s a DIPA. Advertised as having a hint of coconut from Sabro hops. It’s ok.

Last edited:
Spiral Brewing's (Hastings, MN) Hard Left Stout. One I acquired from our ongoing beer exchange at work. Absolutely wonderful. I'll have my friend pick up some more.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom