What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Muskoka Roastery Coffee Co. Black bear dark coffee pods. Camping trip. I will bring the French press and some decent beans next trip. These are fairly good pods.

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Reserva Guama Danta medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Biggby coffee, medium roast, filtered water, French press, with cream and a little spiced rum.

My wife doesn't like French press made coffee - thinks she can taste the oils and it feels "heavy" - so we have a Keurig too.

It was 80F here today..... Hand roasted a mix of Bourbon Arabica - Robusta - Excelsa beans , brewed them in a Vietnamese phin with a heaping tablespoon of reduced fat
IMG_0306.JPG
" La Lechera " sweetened condensed milk in the bottom of the glass drinking cup.....Mixed it up when drip stopped and poured it over 4 ice cubes.....What a refresher !

French pressed some oily French roast (SBUX) this morning for myself & SWMBO.
Just made a quick 3 shot moka made with Costco Espresso to power me to lunch

Last edited:
28 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Honduras Reserva Guama Danta medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Anyone here is using the Turkish method of boiling fine coffee grinds in a small pot (cezve) ? They make it that way in all the areas which used to be part of the Ottoman Empire, not just Turkey but also Greece, the Middle East, parts of Eastern Europe etc. They serve it with coffee grinds (so you definitely don't want to gulp down that last ounce) and it's very strong, almost espresso-like but with a very different taste. I was served it super hot with a glass of ice water, and the waiter suggested I take a sip of coffee and follow it up with a sip of water for the best taste.

Reading this thread made me remember that coffee and I now want to buy a cezve an try making it myself. There's many Middle Eastern grocery stores around here, I am sure they sell them. I believe you're supposed to use very finely ground coffee and take the pot off the stove the moment it starts to boil.

29 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Uganda medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Anyone here is using the Turkish method of boiling fine coffee grinds in a small pot (cezve) ? They make it that way in all the areas which used to be part of the Ottoman Empire, not just Turkey but also Greece, the Middle East, parts of Eastern Europe etc. They serve it with coffee grinds (so you definitely don't want to gulp down that last ounce) and it's very strong, almost espresso-like but with a very different taste. I was served it super hot with a glass of ice water, and the waiter suggested I take a sip of coffee and follow it up with a sip of water for the best taste.

Reading this thread made me remember that coffee and I now want to buy a cezve an try making it myself. There's many Middle Eastern grocery stores around here, I am sure they sell them. I believe you're supposed to use very finely ground coffee and take the pot off the stove the moment it starts to boil.
Been over a year since I last brewed Turkish coffee but just so happens I bought another tin of Turk Kahvesi yesterday and will brew a cup or two over the weekend. Introduced to Turkish coffee by female friend and she added Turkish coffee spices to the brew but I have drank it with and without the spices. She provided this link which shows how to brew and the coffee spice she uses as I do on occasion. I use Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi Turk Kahvesi which I bought at middle eastern store yesterday while picking up some spices but also can be bought on Amazon. I have ground my beans as well with extra fine setting, more so than expresso grind. In the video he adds the spices and sugar separately but use the coffee spice in the link.
Turkish coffee how to

Last edited:
Been over a year since I last brewed Turkish coffee but just so happens I bought another tin of Turk Kahvesi yesterday and will brew a cup or two over the weekend. Introduced to Turkish coffee by female friend and she added Turkish coffee spices to the brew but I have drank it with and without the spices. She provided this link which shows how to brew and the coffee spice she uses as I do on occasion. I use Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi Turk Kahvesi which I bought at middle eastern store yesterday while picking up some spices but also can be bought on Amazon. I have ground my beans as well with extra fine setting, more so than expresso grind. In the video he adds the spices and sugar separately but use the coffee spice in the link.
Turkish coffee how to

Thank you !!! Will try this weekend.

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Uganda medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

30 grams Palomar Roaster Organic Uganda medium roast. with 380 grams filtered water via Cona 2A table top vacuum pot

Top Bottom