What's new

Bic Blades ?

They work great for me in a Karve A plate, similarly to Nacet, Personna Red, Polsilver, or Feather. Pulls less than a Personna Blue on my tougher mustache area (which works fine too, just pulls a tiny bit). The 5 or 6 Bics I’ve used so far are consistent out of my 100 pack and were also good in the sampler pack where I first tried them. What a puzzle. Of course a Karve A is a super-mild thing, so nothing is “rough” for me, but the pulling and tugging others experience is curious.

I really want to try them out but haven’t been able to find some in Toronto. Maybe I’ll just bite the bullet and buy a couple packs online.

if you mean Bic Astor (red ones) then they are absolute trash, cut me worst than any other blade before, seems to be lacking an type of coating, it's dull uncoated steel, garbage

if you mean Bic Astor (red ones) then they are absolute trash, cut me worst than any other blade before, seems to be lacking an type of coating, it's dull uncoated steel, garbage
Ah sorry I should clarify. Meant to bic platinum. Yellow packaging.

I just bought some online figured it was easier than hunting them down lol

I just finished the worst shave of my life and had to warn people. The Bic cut my face up like nothing else. I am counting 11 small nicks on my face. I am a mess. Had to stop and grab one of my carts to finish up.

I am new to wet shaving but I have tried Turkish Lords, Personna Red, Feather, Derby Premium, Wilkinson German,
Vikings Blade, and Zaza. Nothing has done the damage that Bic has.

Watch out.

For those new to wet shaving, I would NEVER recommend BIC Chrome Platinum blades. These BIC blades are nearly as sharp as Feather blades out of the wrapper and become as sharp as Feathers after the first shave. There are no blades as sharp as Feather and BIC. That is why "nothing has done the damage that Bic has". If you try Feather, I suspect you will come to the same conclusion.

Thus, unless your shaving technique is excellent, these very sharp blades will shred your face, as your experience confirmed. Put these blades aside for about a year and then come back to them after your technique has improved. If you are going to use Feather or BIC blades, your technique has to be excellent; shaving with the proper angle and shaving with minimal pressure is a necessity.

I have used BIC Chrome Platinum blades in an aggressive Muhle R41, but I have to be diligent at all times. Even a momentary lapse in attention will result in blood loss. I like them better in a less aggressive razor.

I have a tough beard and sensitive skin. As long as my technique is good, they are some of my favorite blades as they are both very sharp and very smooth.

I’m just on my second shave with Bic chrome platinum, my first experience with Bic blades. Initial impression is they are sharp, not the sharpest. They are smooth, not the smoothest. I’m still waiting to get five or six more shaves in before I form an opinion.

Thus, unless your shaving technique is excellent, these very sharp blades will shred your face, as your experience confirmed. Put these blades aside for about a year and then come back to them after your technique has improved.

I know how to shave and have used many brands, none have been as crappy as these Bic yellows. I have never had a single blade that pulls and tugs like these do. They must have quality control problems because a 12 year old blonde boy couldn't use a single blade in the 100 that I bought. Tried 4 in the 100 pack and then straight in the trash.

I know how to shave and have used many brands, none have been as crappy as these Bic yellows. I have never had a single blade that pulls and tugs like these do. They must have quality control problems because a 12 year old blonde boy couldn't use a single blade in the 100 that I bought. Tried 4 in the 100 pack and then straight in the trash.

That sucks to hear. Guess that’s why they say ymmv. What blades work for you currently?

I think they do have QC issues. They are my most often used blade, i love them and they're good value BUT they are the only blade where i know on occasion I'm gonna get a tuck of bad blades. Not like poor, like unusable . I get em real cheap and buy in bulk so i accept it as the cost of doing business.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BiC blades are last on my list of blade rankings/reviews I've been compiling over the last few years. Just terrible for me. Feathers are great, so go figure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would like to add another negative review of the Bic Yellow Platinum. This is truly one of the worst blades I've ever used. Tugs and stops instantly on my face. No different from the last time I tried them in 2009. I had better luck with the Treet Carbon.

Now, what to do with 99 blades I don't like.

I would like to add another negative review of the Bic Yellow Platinum. This is truly one of the worst blades I've ever used. Tugs and stops instantly on my face. No different from the last time I tried them in 2009. I had better luck with the Treet Carbon.

Lol I’ll trade you a guitar curly cable for them;)

Ahahaha! I was usually buying blades by the 100-packs too! But i had a bad feeling for the BIC (maybe because of the yellow packaging-i don't like yellow as color) and i bought just 1 tuck. Sometimes your gut feeling is so right!

I'll happily take em off your hands [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Never tried them. But have tried the orange disposable razor. I remember that has quite sharp but also rough. Is it something like that these DE blades are? (Maybe DE blades and blades for those disposable bic razors are made at different machines)

After a couple of shaves with them i must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Very sharp but perhaps not quite as smooth as i'd like. still, might pick up a pack of 100 of them.

Bic (Yellow wrapper) -

Agree with others - VERY sharp. Plows through the whiskers. But always causes nicks at the corners of my mouth. No other blade does that to me!

Sorry to hear that quite a few of you are having issues with the BICs but I tried one yesterday and today.

Not feather or Nacet sharp but they are way better than an Astra sp by miles. I had to buff a lot more to cut those stubborn whiskers but I got a BBS with less irritation than w an astra.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Top Bottom