What's new

Favorite Razorock Razor

Thanks all. Looks like the Game Changer is probably the route I'll go. Will need to research which one I may like better. And I'll also need to join the email list for whenever they do another release.

Just as a heads up, Joe posted about 4 weeks for the next releases of .84 and .68 GCs. So it’ll be here before you know!

Just as a heads up, Joe posted about 4 weeks for the next releases of .84 and .68 GCs. So it’ll be here before you know!

More recently he tweeted he's not sure the .68 will be made. He'd try though.

Although just a couple of days ago he posted seconds of the .68 GC on Italian Barber. Probably all snatched up in hours.

I found the mamba 70 the smoothest razor i’ve ever used. Its the only razor i have shaved against the grain with and felt comfortable with no burn. It exceeded my expectations when i got it. I would buy another if I ever lost this one. It even came with a case! Razorock is awesome value!

The RazoRock Black Hawk. It is a great razor, shaves as good as my ATT and the Hawk is only $29.99.

Hawk.JPG

I found the mamba 70 the smoothest razor i’ve ever used. Its the only razor i have shaved against the grain with and felt comfortable with no burn. It exceeded my expectations when i got it. I would buy another if I ever lost this one. It even came with a case! Razorock is awesome value!

You couldn't have just said it is an overhyped piece of junk not worth my money? :D So temping :D

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Been on a hiatus for the past couple years from buying new gear, but getting the itch again. Razorock always seems to have good products at good price points. Just wondering if they've put out a razor recently that people really like. Would also be interested in hearing about newer razors from other vendors that are sub $100 that I should have on my radar.
In addition to my RR DE1, I just got a Fatip Piccolo Special Edition, and I just love the OC plate for daily use.
Prof
20190408_213126.jpg

I only have two experiences with Razorock. A TTO model I gave to one of my stepfathers (no, Mom is not Elizabeth Taylor...) and the Game Changer .84.

The TTO was nicely finished and tight...but it was strange that the entire handle twisted to open the butterfly doors. Why not just a knob on the handle tip?

The other is my Game Changer .84 with the Super Knurl handle, which is superb.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have both game changers and all three versions of the Mamba. The GC 84 is the top dog in that pack by far. The Mamba and the Mamba 70 don’t come close in terms of close shave, but they sure are smooth as butter. The black mamba is a beast, and will bite if your not careful, but it’s very close shaver. The Wunderbar is awesome too, but I don’t reach for it that much. Maybe it’s a bit harsh compared to the others. The DE1/Teck II are great cheap razors, and shave wonderfully. I use a Teck II when I travel. You can’t go wrong with any of them. But the GC 84 is just an all around winner in every way for me. Close shave, smooth, and damn good looking too. Plus it’s stainless and will last forever. I love it and use it often.

The RR razors that are copies of the DE89 don’t do it for me. The Maggard V3 is a better copy. Or just grab an EJ or R89.

I agree with many others here that the Game Changer, .68 or .84, is by far the best of the RR razors I've tried. It's a great design, and to me, being made of CNC machined steel is a big advantage. If RR offered additional base plate options for it like Karve and Rockwell, rather than just two, or one, or at the moment none, it would be very tough to beat even at a higher price.

My only two DE razors are Razorocks, a Mission and SLAB, since buying the SLAB at the end of 2014, it's the only razor i've shaved with.
dave

Top Bottom