What's new

Best aftershave for irritated skin/razor burn?

Gillette Sensitive Aftershave gel (blue bottle) works well for me and is inexpensive and easy to find. I use an alum block first though. A good facial moisturizer for men is a must.

What aftershave cream/balm do you gents use/recommend for irritated skin/razor burn?

Suggestions welcome.

Thx. :001_cool:
Shave talc will kill the razorburn faster than any balm. Clubman makes a flesh colored one. A tiny amount, rub hands together and rub on your face. Try it. It’s magic.

Shave talc will kill the razorburn faster than any balm. Clubman makes a flesh colored one. A tiny amount, rub hands together and rub on your face. Try it. It’s magic.
Gotta admit, that is UNIQUE, bro.

Although, if your face is DAMP from shaving, wouldn’t the talc just CAKE on? :blink:

Gillette Sensitive Aftershave gel (blue bottle) works well for me and is inexpensive and easy to find. I use an alum block first though. A good facial moisturizer for men is a must.
Thought I’d heard it all when it came to shaving, but this “alum block” thing is new to me.

Care to explain?

Thx.

Gotta admit, that is UNIQUE, bro.

Although, if your face is DAMP from shaving, wouldn’t the talc just CAKE on? :blink:
Dry your face well first and use a small amount. It’s amazing how well it works. Shave talc used to be more common. As I got better with razors I haven’t used it, but when I started it really saved me. I don’t think I have used it for a few years, but I might tomorrow... I have a vintage bottle of old Spice talc I might break out.

Dry your face well first and use a small amount. It’s amazing how well it works. Shave talc used to be more common. As I got better with razors I haven’t used it, but when I started it really saved me. I don’t think I have used it for a few years, but I might tomorrow... I have a vintage bottle of old Spice talc I might break out.
What’s the diff. from REGULAR talc?

0734AF07-58DB-4B7B-B442-46ECC0D6C609.jpeg

This works well.

Thought I’d heard it all when it came to shaving, but this “alum block” thing is new to me.

Care to explain?

Thx.
Gentleman Jon 3.7 Ounce Alum Block in Plastic Case
by Gentleman Jon
I purchased this from Amazon. Fights razor burn and kills bacteria. Great as a deodorant as well. This is different from a styptic pencil. Try it.

Has anybody tried Clubman Whiskey Woods shave talc? How do you use it with aftershave?
I don’t think the whiskey woods is talcum, but it’ll still probably work. Let the aftershave dry completely and shake a small amount of powder on your palm. Rub hands together and rub on face. Rub it in till you can’t see it anywhere.

I don’t think the whiskey woods is talcum, but it’ll still probably work. Let the aftershave dry completely and shake a small amount of powder on your palm. Rub hands together and rub on face. Rub it in till you can’t see it anywhere.
Thank you very much.

Lucky Tiger works well for me after a ‘difficult’ shave!
Lucky Tiger is nice. Very soothing. I ordered a sample bottle of it last week along with some other things. I'll be ordering the bigger bottle soon.

Care to explain?

Thx.
is a block of potassium aluminum sulfate (naturally occurring mineral) is used as an astringent and was used as deodorant/antiperspirant back in the days before modern deodorant, but is effective nonetheless as it is the basic ingredient that is used in modern ones, but, I will warn you, based on your comments I can see you have sensitive skin, so I wouldnt recomend it, if you think cool fix is harsh, an alum block is gonna have a good kick on your face, I used it before but it would dry my face so I went the witch hazel route, now I see that you are also a bit aprehensive towards alcohol, but in witch hazel is very minimum and I dont even feel it, so for you, I would definately recommend it, followed by a good nourishing balm, in wich case I am also another vote for nivea sensitive. My two cents.

Top Bottom