What's new

Now that .22lr ammo is abundant again

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yes, and though hoarding is fine, I hope the organized market-cornerers inmy area choke.

Waterworld comes, you won't be trading it for a loaf of bread. Sheesh. Some of us just want to go shooting!

During the worst of it, I almost had to cut into MY hoard!

AA :001_tt2:

I had over 20k of 22 on my shelf here at home while folks were complaining about not being able to find it. The price just goes up, and it may not be as readily available as it is today....so buy it when you see it and store it.

Just about every trip in to walmart I pick up a brick or 2 of federal. Don't wanna be caught again with not much ammo like last time.

I initially hoarded .22 in the late 1990s in the run-up to stupid Y2K. Bank regulators were beating we bank managers about the head and shoulders with grueling Y2K preparation audits. Was a tempest in a teapot in the end. Only thing I did for Y2K prep was to hoard cheap cartons of Federal Lightning from WalMart. Still have .30 ammo cans full of cartons of the stuff. Added more .22 ammunition after 2000 too. In the last dearth of ammunition I was sitting pretty, yet shot .22 in a most parsimonious fashion. Only in the past year or so have I "kicked in the afterburners" on .22 shooting.. Still buying, yet need to do a better job of rotating old stock.

It would take me several lifetimes to shoot 20k rounds of 22 and I use it daily all fall and much of the winter. That’s a lot of 22 rounds. I have few hundred in my ammo box.

I have a .22 conversion kit for my Kimber .45, but haven't fired it in years. I probably have 1200 .22 rounds, but may still pick more up on my KY trip thru Bardstown (Walmart) this summer. I'd rather pay KY prices than NJ if I should ever need it. Same with half-gallons of Beefeater Gin. KY is half the price of here.

Top Bottom