What's new

How much do you love Razorock soaps? What are your favorite?

Hi,

RR has really trimmed their soap choices down. I've tried a few, but ze Pepino is the only one I've really enjoyed for scent. They all lather quite well though. Been think I need to try one of their puck soaps soon.

I've been using RR XX for a couple of weeks now and am learning to enjoy it more each time I use it. It isn't a very thirsty soap IMHO, so I get the best slickness and cushion when I let a small amount of warm water rest on the soap for about a minute. I also like the feel of my face when I rinse off the soap, as it leaves it feeling a bit moistened.

Great values. I find the performance of the soaps a solid B to B+ but scents are generally an A. Given the price that's represents a great bargain. I love the SoZ, Irish Countryside and XXX but the real standouts are the Mudder Focker and Santa Maria. Very solid soaps and equally solid aftershaves. Maybe not spare no expense level, but I think performance to price is a real winner!

I'm not good at rating and comparing different soaps, aside from scent (I definitely like some scents much better than others), nor am I good at sorting out and judging characteristics like "slickness", "cushion", etc.. Having said that, all I can tell you about the performance is that everyone I have used easily produced an abundant lather, and provided a great shave. And, they have some great scents to boot. As others have pointed out, lot's of bang for the buck.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I haven't tried RR products in a while, but the ones I did try I thought were "fair" performers and not much more.

I haven't tried RR products in a while, but the ones I did try I thought were "fair" performers and not much more.

I have used the Savon A Barbe twice now, and it is the worst performing soap I have tried so far. The scent is wonderful, and it lathers very nicely, but there is no slickness at all.

I mixed in a some shave gel on the second attempt and that helped a bit.

I also have the Essential Oil of Lavender which I am going to try today.

I also have the Essential Oil of Lavender which I am going to try today.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Essential Oil of Lavender. Much better performer than most of the other RR soaps that I've tried (Dead Sea and Santa Maria excepted). I'm interested to hear what you think.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Essential Oil of Lavender. Much better performer than most of the other RR soaps that I've tried (Dead Sea and Santa Maria excepted). I'm interested to hear what you think.

I am happy to report that the Essential Oil of Lavender is a better soap. It is a bit softer, and has decent residual slickness. It is not a great soap, but it is just fine. I am partial to lavender anyway.

Before getting into traditional shaving, I had no idea how much these products could vary. I am becoming a snob!

Used to but now not so much. I think their base was left behind, but I couldn't deny that their price has always been attractive, plus the nice stackable containers. The soaps remain decent, and it's a good starter for anyone wet shaving for the first time. My favorite from them is XXX and SMF.

I am happy to report that the Essential Oil of Lavender is a better soap. It is a bit softer, and has decent residual slickness. It is not a great soap, but it is just fine. I am partial to lavender anyway.

Before getting into traditional shaving, I had no idea how much these products could vary. I am becoming a snob!
Welcome to the snob club. Having said that, if someone is looking for (what I consider to be) a very inexpensive soap, I recommend the EOoL. There are less expensive soaps, but I think that the RR is better when looking at the whole package.

Not a huge fan of RR soaps but they are affordable with plenty of scents to choose from as well as several soap bases. Usually a soap that people get when first getting into this hobby, sort of a "gateway" soap. Favorite scents are:Tuscan Oud, Al Sapone, Mudder Focker, and Moroccan Secret (discontinued). Even though the scents are nice the formulas could use a little tweaking IMO. They lather just fine but protection is lacking a bit.

Have found each soap base is completely different. Their triple milled formula is decent and one of the best deals for a triple milled soap.

It took me 6 years in to the DE shaving journey to get around to trying Razorock soap.

At present I only own

I have Irish Countryside and MF. Love the scent and they perform great for me.

and I like the scent a lot. I've only used it once but it performed well for me. I'd read before purchasing that some of their soaps could be a bit more thirsty than others and my Irish Countryside needed a tad more water than some of the other soaps in my collection. It didn't take much effort though on my part.

I'm tempted to invest in the American Barber seeing as they say it was inspired by YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, which is a scent I like a lot.

Top Bottom