What's new

TOOBS Clear Plastic Disk

I’ve noticed that about 50% of the time the clear plastic disk stays in the lid when I open the tub. The other 50% of the time it adheres to the top of the tub and must be removed.
Can it be discarded? Is it just for stability during Shipping or is it needed to maintain the seal and keep in the freshness?

Thanks!
:cowboy:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I tossed mine. Figured it was to prevent seepage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Keep it, it helps the soap container stay closer to air-tight and sealed, allowing the soap to retain it’s moist nature.
If you have discarded the seal, adding a small amount of water and mixing it with a fork can revitalize the cream.
This was the advice I received from Taylor’s offices and Customer Support after one of the containers I received was a little drier than some of the fresher, newer soaps I have bought.

A little wad (or three) of Fun-Tak adhesive mounting putty between the two should keep them together. Save you from having to take off two lids.

I’ve noticed that about 50% of the time the clear plastic disk stays in the lid when I open the tub. The other 50% of the time it adheres to the top of the tub and must be removed.
Can it be discarded? Is it just for stability during Shipping or is it needed to maintain the seal and keep in the freshness?

Thanks!
:cowboy:

welcome to B&B, Sir Classified!!

Definitely, keep the plastic lid as a device to retain moisture and fragrance.

Keep it, it helps the soap container stay closer to air-tight and sealed, allowing the soap to retain it’s moist nature.
If you have discarded the seal, adding a small amount of water and mixing it with a fork can revitalize the cream.
This was the advice I received from Taylor’s offices and Customer Support after one of the containers I received was a little drier than some of the fresher, newer soaps I have bought.

Thanks for that suggestion. I've got a tub that seems a little dried out and could use this.

I found this to be helpful with those sample packs of ToOBS that I received that dried out too. I couldn't find anything to serve as a gasket or seal because the threading on the cap and container wasn't long enough

I toss them. I use a tub before a years time and never had any issues. If I had to keep a tub longer I would save the clear seal.

Top Bottom