What's new

Ariana&Evans shaving soaps

A&E soaps are some of the best in my den (and I have lots to choose from), I have six of the current scents. I am waiting for the new formula to come out before trying another one. However, as was the case with Barrister and Mann coming out with the Excelsior base when Reserve base was already available, there is not much room for improvement in the A&E Goat Milk formula. It is nice stuff at a decent price considering the performance.

I just tried my first A&E product, Asian Plum. Nice soap! The sent is very enjoyable and sticks around for many hours (going on 5 hours and still present) The lather is very nice. Post shave is up there with the other top performers. If I had a criticism, it would have to be the slickness, mainly residual. My SR did skip in a few areas. This is something I had to watch for as I buff/retouch constantly during each pass.

This soap is worth purchasing the matching AS IMO. Glad I picked it up and gave a try! It will have a place in my rotation.

I love trying new soaps. I am always trying to add the "best" new soaps available. When A&E goat milk first came out, it became one of the best soaps in my den. Now they are coming out with a new formula that may be even better.
When B&M came out with Excelsior, I doubted they could improve on the already outstanding Reserve base, but there was a minor improvement.
Even the new artisan Murphy and McNeil, that entered the marketplace at the end of last year with their outstanding soap base as already upped their game with a new Eisteacht soap base.

I keep a database of my large collection of soaps and rate each one on a variety of performance criteria on a 1-10 scale. However, as I add new, improved soaps that exceed my former standards for a 10 rating, I am forced either to go above 10 or reevaluate every soap in my den against the new standard.

It kind of reminds me of athletic competitions. It used to be that the 4 minute mile was considered unattainable until Roger Bannister achieved that "impossible" feat. Today, any long-distance runner worthy of competing is able to do so.

I love trying new soaps. I am always trying to add the "best" new soaps available. When A&E goat milk first came out, it became one of the best soaps in my den. Now they are coming out with a new formula that may be even better.
When B&M came out with Excelsior, I doubted they could improve on the already outstanding Reserve base, but there was a minor improvement.
Even the new artisan Murphy and McNeil, that entered the marketplace at the end of last year with their outstanding soap base as already upped their game with a new Eisteacht soap base.

I keep a database of my large collection of soaps and rate each one on a variety of performance criteria on a 1-10 scale. However, as I add new, improved soaps that exceed my former standards for a 10 rating, I am forced either to go above 10 or reevaluate every soap in my den against the new standard.

It kind of reminds me of athletic competitions. It used to be that the 4 minute mile was considered unattainable until Roger Bannister achieved that "impossible" feat. Today, any long-distance runner worthy of competing is able to do so.

I just finished recalibrating my database for my collection of 200 soaps with a max of 10 rating based on numerous attributes. Quite a pain as new improved formulas keep appearing, but its awesome how competition keeps driving improvement. I have only tried the goat milk version of A&E Grecian Horse but am anxious to try the new formulation with lard. Should be quite slick and protective.

I have tried the new formula base in the Tertius soap and it is better, but that by no means relegates our previous A&E soaps to the ash heap and by the time you have finished your old stock all the new stuff will be converted over. Of course that is not factoring in that they may yet come out with an even newer base in the interim. Regardless, enjoy what you have as any improvement at top tier level is very incremental at best. We are really arguing over how any angels can dance on the head of a pin here you know. It's not like any soap cured baldness, SDT's or ED. :rolleyes: ;)

I have tried the new formula base in the Tertius soap and it is better, but that by no means relegates our previous A&E soaps to the ash heap and by the time you have finished your old stock all the new stuff will be converted over. Of course that is not factoring in that they may yet come out with an even newer base in the interim. Regardless, enjoy what you have as any improvement at top tier level is very incremental at best. We are really arguing over how any angels can dance on the head of a pin here you know. It's not like any soap cured baldness, SDT's or ED. :rolleyes: ;)

I recently purchased Tertius as well and had a chance to test later it over the weekend. It produced the most gooey, thick lather I've ever seen. I'm pretty excited about this one. The scent is as described and I can easily pick out the Leather, Tobacco, and Oud. I was expecting it to be a darker scent with those main notes, but actually its fairly clean. Very nice all around.

I have two A&E soaps (Sparticus and Asian Plum) in what I think is the newest base with yogurt, etc. The more I use them, the more I'm convinced they may be the best soaps out there. Stupid slick, luscious lather, awesome post shave feel, complex and intriguing scents, tons of scent longevity especially when coupled with the aftershave, and speaking of the aftershaves, they are awesome skin food themselves.

I foresee more A&E in my future.

I have two A&E soaps (Sparticus and Asian Plum) in what I think is the newest base with yogurt, etc. The more I use them, the more I'm convinced they may be the best soaps out there. Stupid slick, luscious lather, awesome post shave feel, complex and intriguing scents, tons of scent longevity especially when coupled with the aftershave, and speaking of the aftershaves, they are awesome skin food themselves.

I foresee more A&E in my future.
@Bravoure I have to second, I see more A&E
I agree I want some more A&E too! I just haven't figured out which one next

My tub of Grecian Horse just came yesterday and I have to say I love the scent. It's a nice fougere scent with just a hint of almond/marzipan sweetness to it. It isn't a cloying sweetness though, it's just right. Really looking forward to giving it a shot in the next couple days.

My tub of Grecian Horse just came yesterday and I have to say I love the scent. It's a nice fougere scent with just a hint of almond/marzipan sweetness to it. It isn't a cloying sweetness though, it's just right. Really looking forward to giving it a shot in the next couple days.
I love fougere but the wife hates it. I would love to have that one.

You are going to like that one. Grecian Horse vaulted ahead of Asian Plum as my favorite A&E scent. To my nose, GH has a nice clean scent.

You are going to like that one. Grecian Horse vaulted ahead of Asian Plum as my favorite A&E scent. To my nose, GH has a nice clean scent.

Agreed. I found myself sneaking back to the bathroom yesterday to take a whiff here and there. Will likely break it out tomorrow.

A&E is top notch, in my top tier.....and honestly might be the best soap in my den...give it a try, you'll probably be very surprised at how good it is

The new base with the milk and lard is definitely top tier, and one attribute I truly appreciate is that the base is firm and certainly looks like a tub is going to last a while.

I hope there will be more scents available to the public.

Top Bottom