Razor: Colonial Razor The General
Handle: Timeless Pineapple
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush Handle: B-400 The Brush by Tom
Knot: APShaveCo Tuxedo
Soap: Murky and McNeil Ouroboros
Post Care: Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel, Alum
Aftershave: Murphy and McNeil Ouroboros

Excellent shave this morning. This was my first try of any Murphy and McNeil products and I'm very impressed. I took an almond sized sample from the soap and put it in my bowl. It instantly produced a very slick lather, it was very protective, it had great residual slickness and an amazing post shave feel. I love this soap. It easily compares to the top artisans and in many ways exceeds them. I'm blown away by how good this stuff is. Now it was not without complications...SWMBO did not like the scent at all. I'm currently thinning down my den so putting aside a soap that she didn't like has never been a problem, until now. I guess I need to figure out which scent to get instead because I absolutely must have at least one Murphy and McNeil set in my den. Have a great day folks!
proxy.php

16th April

Face wash- Bulldog Sensitive
Pre-shave- Proraso Sensitive
Soap- La Toja shave stick
Razor- Muhle R89
Blade- Dorco Red (S4)
A/S splash- Blue Stratos
A/S lotion- La Toja sensitive

- Yaqi synth
- Mystic Water unscented
- Rockwell 6c on 4 w/ Gillette platinum
- Stirling D-503 AS
- Mont Blanc Legend edt

Endgame Countdown
Lather Bros. | Hela Bad
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver
Schick Proline B-20

proxy.php

Thursday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Gibbs 14
Blade: Gibbs (D8)
Brush: 2011 Semogue Finest Bristle 2
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Tiki 1920's Barber Shoppe
Aftershave: Tiki 1920's Barber Shoppe

Thursday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Gibbs 14
Blade: Gibbs (D8)
Brush: 2011 Semogue Finest Bristle 2
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Tiki 1920's Barber Shoppe
Aftershave: Tiki 1920's Barber Shoppe

That Gibbs is one very cool-looking razor.

Patti

SOTD : 18th April 2019.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Soap.

Brush: Fine ~ 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidable.(4)

Razor: Parker 89R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Proraso ~Eucalyptus & Menthol ASL.

L'OREAL~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave,

In one of my recent 'sotd's i used the Proraso sandalwood soap & after shave duo, today i've used the Eucalyptus & Menthol soap & duo which is my favourite duo of all the proraso shaving products i've tried & tested..A superb duo.

Last use of the bolzano s.i. blade, which have became one of my favourite blade's to date, these blade's are smooth sharp & very forgiving. Every razor i've paired them up with has been a excellent match adding to that the longivity of them is astoundingly good.

This morning i've carried on with the Parker 89R, which i haven't added to my razor rotation for long time, a superb razor,and for no intentional reason is the least used of all my parker razor's collection..However after the performance from her this morning i'll be adding it more often in my razor rotation...

It was only recently that this larger efficient voluptuous indian sibling of the Parker 94R featured in a member of TSR (UK) sotd's, that i was reminded me i hadn't gave her a outing for a long time..Today outing was amazingly smooth and efficient.All of my parker indian princesse's shaves have gave me consistantly silky smooth irritation-free shaves today,yet again the 89R was no exception...I've found with experience that you get much better shaving results from parker razors by adjusting to a steeper shaving angle, however this does take a few shaves to adjust, but it's it's worth the effort, as your rewarded with some sublime shaves...Some people may be put off by this and put it down to the razor been too aggressive, or the quality isn't good anough..which is a feeble excuse IMHO.

Any razor can be aggressive, and give you a bad shave it's the disrespectful user, or should i say the 'lack of experience,bad preparation & lacking in technique user of the razor' that makes the shave a bad experience most of the time'."A bad worker always blames his tools".Enough said.

A comfortable in-expensive 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'OREAL~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom