What's new

Face v Bowl Lather

More and more I'm using the cold scuttle and hybrid lathering. I get the lather started in the scuttle and continue on my face. I just love face lathering but the scuttle helps get things right. And cold.

For me, it’s a time thing. I will (almost) never skip out on my shave prep. If I have time, I will use a scuttle and get a nice warm shave and use a hot towel at the end.

If I am in a hurry I face lather with some quick foaming TOB cream and not hot towel, just some splash.

I started with a bowl, then scuttles for the cold months. I transitioned to face lathering and have a brush scuttle for the cold weather.

Bowl lathering is easier to learn, easier to dial a soap in. face lathering, especially with a stick packs smaller for road trips, and requires less gear/clean up.

Do your thing.

When I first started, I tried both methods. Gave up on the bowl several years ago and I now face lather exclusively.

I seemed to get thicker, creamier lathers building it directly on my face.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
When I first started, I tried both methods. Gave up on the bowl several years ago and I now face lather exclusively.

I seemed to get thicker, creamier lathers building it directly on my face.

As do I.

For me face lathering is much easier and better.

I face lather. I feel like I get more out of the soap. I get a better fuller scent, I like the feel of a stiff boar scrubbed into my stubble and I get the lather how I like it. I like building up the slickness and volume on my face where I personally can get a better feel for it.

I face lather and love the feel of a soft brush and luxurious lather. I wonder if those who don't face lather don't have the sort of skin that is receptive to enjoying what is like a wonderful face massage for which would cost a fortune in a salon!

Top Bottom