What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Gillette Pre-War Tech / Gillette Nacet (2)

IMG_2356.jpeg

Silver tuckaway paired with a fresh Gillette Nacet blade, Razorock lime burst shaving soap and a splash of Brut. Have a great weekend all!

Mechanically identical smooth TTO. They are the two smoothest TTO's I have tried in that regard. I will say that I am fortunate to have both in pristine condition and functioning like they day they were produced. As far as the shave, I like them equally, but give the nod to the #16 only because I prefer the weight/size of the #16 handle. They are about the same in efficiency with my 3 pass technique. If money were a consideration, the HD cased in NOS condition costs less than half of the #16 should someone consider the cost. There is nothing like the looks of the Brit Crats though!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Mechanically identical smooth TTO. They are the two smoothest TTO's I have tried in that regard. I will say that I am fortunate to have both in pristine condition and functioning like they day they were produced. As far as the shave, I like them equally, but give the nod to the #16 only because I prefer the weight/size of the #16 handle. They are about the same in efficiency with my 3 pass technique. If money were a consideration, the HD cased in NOS condition costs less than half of the #16 should someone consider the cost. There is nothing like the looks of the Brit Crats though!
Thanks for your insight!

1930s Gillette New LC / Rapira Platinum Lux moved from the Fat-Boy. Combined with Soap Commander Endurance, just one smooth, great shave.

Great comparison of the two, Tom, I’m in the same camp. Btw: Fine looking HD there :thumbup1:

My shave today - Hybrid Tech, Feather, DR Harris Eucalyptus. Very very nice. I just ain’t man enough for the Tabac!

Top Bottom