What's new

Photo of the Day

Interesting clouds at sunset
0F99FC8E-609F-4769-AF3B-7AF899533E8C.jpeg

the swmbo's backyard orchids are a riot this spring.
these shots with d500 plus 200mm macro, at iso 1000, f/4.8, handheld, hence shallow dof.

orchid comp 2019.jpg

^^^^^Nice!^^^^^

I posted a very similar shot of this dandelion yesterday, to the flower thread, but I like the framing and my post processing on this one better. Panasonic GX85, 14-140 3.5-5.6, 1/640 sec., f/13, 37mm, 26mm extension tubes, Godox TT685o set set to high speed sync and TTL. If you look at the highlight on the water drop you can see my flash and bounce card.
P1090307(r1rs).jpg

^great dof! i'd only suggest to frame with water drop more toward right.
Thanks for the tip. I see what you're saying. I When I framed it up I moved it out of center, but I guess I went the wrong way. If I would have moved it to the right instead of the left, it would have been opening into the frame vs opening out of the frame. I'll try keep that in mind next time.

more orchids today, this time with focus stacking to preserve DOF.
the software did a decent job aligning with a gentle breeze, despite use of clothes pins to secure the stem.

orchid white apr 23 2019 e.jpg
orchid pink apr 23 2019e1.jpg

Thanks again, just that much does make a difference. I don't have photo shop, thought about it many times, just don't really like the idea of monthly subscription. So far I've been using photoscape x. Seems to do most things I want, but most youtube tutorials seem to be for PS or LR. Probably eventually break down and get it, but have think I want a a fisheye, true macro lens, and a fast prime more. Awesome pics btw.

Trying to get some bug shots today, so I was set up for macro. Cali decided she needed her pic taken.
Panasonic GX85, Panasonic 14-140, 26mm extension tubes, Godox TT685o, 1/160 sec. f/13, 81mm, ISO 200 Flash was mounted on hot shoe with softbox set to TTL.
P1090520(rc1rs).jpg

Top Bottom