What's new

Chatillon Lux – Fourth & Pine ?

This is my favorite scent of all the ones I have tried with Chatillon Lux.
I own the aftershave, salve and cologne. The cologne (edt) has a somewhat different scent than the others - more citrusy almost like Acqua Di Parma cologne.

The scent is very fresh and green to me. Not offensive at all. Very clean smelling. The salve is excellent and is my recommendation over the other types and has the best feeling (not tacky at all) and scent (smells cleaner). But YMMV.
Excellent product and for $10 on the salve you can't go wrong.

This is my favorite scent of all the ones I have tried with Chatillon Lux.
I own the aftershave, salve and cologne. The cologne (edt) has a somewhat different scent than the others - more citrusy almost like Acqua Di Parma cologne.

The scent is very fresh and green to me. Not offensive at all. Very clean smelling. The salve is excellent and is my recommendation over the other types and has the best feeling (not tacky at all) and scent (smells cleaner). But YMMV.
Excellent product and for $10 on the salve you can't go wrong.

Thanks Razman

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The scent is back with a new name
has anyone tried the new brew yet?
i just bought it without fully reading the description and not realizing its a re issue. I remember sniffing 4th and pine in Pasteur pharmacy and not liking it one bit so im really hoping i like the new brew.

So the scent formerly known as Fourth and Pine has been re-released as 88 and Chestnut. It’s a neroli and citrus scented line of products. To my nose it opens with a citrus blossom and fresh orange note and dries down to a ruby grapefruit note. While YMMV it doesn’t strike me as green like Shawn’s TSM Fougere or the forest like La Foret de Liguest.

So the scent formerly known as Fourth and Pine has been re-released as 88 and Chestnut. It’s a neroli and citrus scented line of products. To my nose it opens with a citrus blossom and fresh orange note and dries down to a ruby grapefruit note. While YMMV it doesn’t strike me as green like Shawn’s TSM Fougere or the forest like La Foret de Liguest.

88 and Chestnut sounds awesome....if only this was in stock when I checked WCS but they are all sold out of this brand.

You could try Shawn’s site: Chatillonlux.com for splash, toner or edt and Scott’s at Declarationgrooming.com for the soap in the Icarus base. I’m actually gonna shave with GD after the fire and use 88&C for my splash today because of the forecast.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
How does it compare to fourth and pine?

My guess is that too many people kept expecting an evergreen scent with the old name so Shawn changed it to 88 Chestnut.

I love the performance of Declaration Grooming soaps. However, to my nose, they all have a "gamey" type scent, at least when new. I presume that is from the bison tallow. The gaminess seems to be even more pronounced in the Icarus base. I have to air out the soaps for a couple of hours before using them to get rid of some of the gaminess. Fortunately, after several uses and airings, the gaminess fades.

Fourth and pine was produced in the Bison tallow base. The new 88 Chestnut street is in the Icarus base, which I consider to be a slight improvement over the Bison tallow base, primarily in the area of post-shave conditioning. The scent notes are: neroli, lemon, bergamot, lavender, orange, petitgrain, grapefruit, and yuzu. With the exception of the lavender, all of the other scent notes are citrus. Thus, this is a very citrusy scent suitable for warmer months.

My guess is that too many people kept expecting an evergreen scent with the old name so Shawn changed it to 88 Chestnut.

All of the Chatillion Lux scents are named after street addresses or landmarks in St. Louis. Fourth and Pine is the intersection of two streets in downtown. There is still an historic building at that location.

http://www.stlmusicyesterdays.com/4th and pine ext.JPG

The address 88 Chestnut Street no longer exists. Chestnut Street is one block south of Pine Street. However, the address "88" no longer exists. Its former location would be part of the Gateway Arch park.

Last edited:
I think I've tried almost all of the Chatillon Lux aftershaves. 4th & Pine is definitely in my top 3! I get a very forward orange scent with a mellow woodsy note. It pairs well with a lot of soaps.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
All of the Chatillion Lux scents are named after street addresses or landmarks in St. Louis. Fourth and Pine is the intersection of two streets in downtown. There is still an historic building at that location.

http://www.stlmusicyesterdays.com/4th and pine ext.JPG

The address 88 Chestnut Street no longer exists. Chestnut Street is one block south of Pine Street. However, the address "88" no longer exists. Its former location would be part of the Gateway Arch park.
Cool. I have walked around that area .Cool to think of the history that's almost been forgotten
I think I've tried almost all of the Chatillon Lux aftershaves. 4th & Pine is definitely in my top 3! I get a very forward orange scent with a mellow woodsy note. It pairs well with a lot of soaps.
I hope i like it!

I love the performance of Declaration Grooming soaps. However, to my nose, they all have a "gamey" type scent, at least when new. I presume that is from the bison tallow. The gaminess seems to be even more pronounced in the Icarus base. I have to air out the soaps for a couple of hours before using them to get rid of some of the gaminess. Fortunately, after several uses and airings, the gaminess fades.

Fourth and pine was produced in the Bison tallow base. The new 88 Chestnut street is in the Icarus base, which I consider to be a slight improvement over the Bison tallow base, primarily in the area of post-shave conditioning. The scent notes are: neroli, lemon, bergamot, lavender, orange, petitgrain, grapefruit, and yuzu. With the exception of the lavender, all of the other scent notes are citrus. Thus, this is a very citrusy scent suitable for warmer months.

I don’t like the gamey aspect either but the aftershave obviously has no such issue. Just a nice scent.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Posting after getting 88 chestnut
fantastic! Im not good at describing scents but its great citrus scent but not overpowering. I get the Orange and its not floral to my nose. To nit pick their flow restrictor is too limiting i like to pour it on.
The kicker
My credit card changed me $1 foreign transaction fee!
For chatillion lux because it sounds foreign
Seriously i need to call visa

I can consider this soap (scent) similar to Acqua di Parma? There are out there another AdP clones like Stirling Piacenza and Razoroxk XXX, but I would love to try a top soap base like Icaria.

I already have WK Padre Leone and TS Sicily, is this too similar in.some way?

Top Bottom