What's new

Photo of the Day

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
couple more unusual shots that i just noticed.
this one is diving eagle...

proxy.php

and i dubbed this one, traffic cop eagle...

proxy.php
All of these photos are excellent

About half an hours drive from my village, is the city of Roskilde, and the city has a power & heating plant that looks very different from the normal plants.
In daylight it has a very rustic and industrial look as the surface is rusted metal sheets with quite distinctive holes all over.
After dark the building is lighted from within and the light shines through the holes in a colour scheme that changes every other minute. The plant is situated right next to a freeway so it is always fun to pass it at night.

I have had a desire to photograph it at night time, and I eventually got around to do it on a clear and crisp spring night :001_smile
I'll show some of the other colour schemes in the coming days.

proxy.php

About half an hours drive from my village, is the city of Roskilde, and the city has a power & heating plant that looks very different from the normal plants.
In daylight it has a very rustic and industrial look as the surface is rusted metal sheets with quite distinctive holes all over.
After dark the building is lighted from within and the light shines through the holes in a colour scheme that changes every other minute. The plant is situated right next to a freeway so it is always fun to pass it at night.

I have had a desire to photograph it at night time, and I eventually got around to do it on a clear and crisp spring night :001_smile
I'll show some of the other colour schemes in the coming days.

proxy.php
That's great Søren, looking forward to seeing more.
dave

Pretty much; the first is 2.5, second is 3.2 and the last is 1.6 seconds.
I was using aperture priority, and if I recall correctly the fastest shutter speed was about a second and the longest about 13-14 seconds, all at ISO 1250 as I would like to keep grain at a minimum.
I will have to go back and take some with a faster shutter speed and maybe try a HDR shot.

these days, sensors are so much better also lot easier to use noise reduction!
if you have a recent sony sensor, it should give good results up to ISO 3200.
also, noise reduction software is improved, using camera raw.
masking options will take noise out of the dark sky.

One of the cemeteries in Copenhagen planted an avenue of cherry trees in 1992 and especially in the last 5 years they have become quite the attraction when they bloom.
It is estimated that around 150,000 people visit the avenue during this period. The avenue is approximately 150 metre (164 yards) long, and vehicles are prohibited from the avenue so the trees grow in a natural way.
I visited the avenue for the first time yesterday, and it was a quite a sight.

proxy.php

Top Bottom