What's new

Favorite Citrusy soap scent

I have heard some good things about Castle Forbes Lime Cream....but I cannot reconcile the price with any of the goodness it promises...$41 for a jar.

In no particular order:

Wholly kaw fern concerto - for a menthol Fougère, this has a LOT of bergamot and lemon.

Tcheon Fung sing rasozero agrumella - bear shaving rasozero by far. Nice straight lemon.

Razorock what the puck lime

Razorock what the puck orange

Mike’s orange cedar black pepper

I have heard some good things about Castle Forbes Lime Cream....but I cannot reconcile the price with any of the goodness it promises...$41 for a jar.

You should try and find a sample and see if you like it first. If you like it, buy it. It's a very concentrated cream and you need very little to make a very nice lather. It lasts a long time. My lavender tub has outlasted more than a few soaps.

So far my favorites are:
Chatillon Lux/Declaration Grooming Chestnut and 88th formerly Fourth and Pine. This is a neroli and citrus forward scent. It was in Bison tallow. I'm not sure which base it will be released in this spring. I really enjoy this and I'm lucky enough to have both the toner and balm from CL. I like to use the Aftershave stuff with a couple different soaps.

B&M Seville: I think everybody should try this scent. Its kind of a benchmark for scent.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
420.jpg

- TOBS Grapefruit
- Stirling MITA
- Stirling Orange Chill
- Stirling Pharao's Dreamsicle (my favourite winter soap)
- TFS yellow (Orange, Lime and Cinnamon)
- Savon des Volcans Mandarin & Cedar
- St. James of London Bergamotte & Sandalwood (yeah, ok, borderline citrus)

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Ginger’s Garden Citrus Paradise (discontinued)
MdC Agrumes
Lisa’s Florida Freeze
Fine Italian Citrus
Fine L’Orange Noir
GD Conca d’Oro

Grooming Dept CITRIC sounds amazing:

"Notes of bergamot, petitgrain, lemon, lime, Kaffir lime leaf, blood orange, sweet orange, grapefruit mandarin, citronella. Additional notes of pink pepper, benzoin, litsea cubeba, ginger, and cinnamon provide a spicy note. A floral note come with jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang, violet. A base of oakmoss, coumarin, balsam, elemi, vetiver, and amyris finish off this complex aroma."

Grooming Dept CITRIC sounds amazing:

"Notes of bergamot, petitgrain, lemon, lime, Kaffir lime leaf, blood orange, sweet orange, grapefruit mandarin, citronella. Additional notes of pink pepper, benzoin, litsea cubeba, ginger, and cinnamon provide a spicy note. A floral note come with jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang, violet. A base of oakmoss, coumarin, balsam, elemi, vetiver, and amyris finish off this complex aroma."
I didn't love Citric, my tub had a very gamey scent to it. Tao is the one by Grooming Dept that I loved. Very grapefruit forward, which I like.

I didn't love Citric, my tub had a very gamey scent to it. Tao is the one by Grooming Dept that I loved. Very grapefruit forward, which I like.
I am a big citrus and grapefruit fan. Have TOBS grapefruit which I bought and like. After using it a few times, I did notice it's a bit cloying. I am still trying to determine if it's the grapefruit or some additional scent added that gives it that thick over-sweet smell.

Keep in mind, it's still an awesome scent, just the more you use them the more you delve into their 'depths'. [emoji16]

Top Bottom