What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

I’ve never been to Pasteur’s. But if I were in the area, I’d go in regardless of sabbatical!
I've only been one time on a family vacation. After 2 hours of smelling, touching and looking the rest of the family was very bored. Met several B&B members browsing there too, exchanged tips, tricks and favorites. If the aisles were larger I could easily have spent all day. Walked away with two soaps, an Omega boar and some edc.

upload_2019-3-30_3-29-45.png

I'm still in, and can't wait to get out of the FFFMM. I think that using WTP Lime Blast is a tad burny for everyday use for me, unfortunately. I think I'll go to Proraso Green for a while.

7 days and nobody else has dropped out! Is this our longest stretch without losing anyone?

No. The longest stretch was 12 back in early Jan. There was an 8 day stretch that ended on Feb 2. By definition, there isn't enough information available to make any legitimate predictions about the percentage that will finish. The reason is all the information is observational. This type of study can make predictions for a large group, but it cannot discern causes. Depending on the variance between years, it would take about 25 years of sabbaticals to make a prediction for a particular year with an 80% confidence level of being accurate within what might be a wide error range for a particular year. Right now, the R-squared of data is too low to make any prediction at all. R-squared can be thought of as the variance over a period of time. It is more complicated than that.

No. The longest stretch was 12 back in early Jan. There was an 8 day stretch that ended on Feb 2. By definition, there isn't enough information available to make any legitimate predictions about the percentage that will finish. The reason is all the information is observational. This type of study can make predictions for a large group, but it cannot discern causes. Depending on the variance between years, it would take about 25 years of sabbaticals to make a prediction for a particular year with an 80% confidence level of being accurate within what might be a wide error range for a particular year. Right now, the R-squared of data is too low to make any prediction at all. R-squared can be thought of as the variance over a period of time. It is more complicated than that.
Very interesting information! Thanks.

Very interesting information! Thanks.
+1
This brings back my statistics classes from university. I did earn my BMath and never did fail a course, but gosh did I come close. Calculus, Cryptography, and Statistics taught me that in some important areas, I am a doofus.

Marriage has taught me that in many other ways, I am also a doofus.

+1
This brings back my statistics classes from university. I did earn my BMath and never did fail a course, but gosh did I come close. Calculus, Cryptography, and Statistics taught me that in some important areas, I am a doofus.

Marriage has taught me that in many other ways, I am also a doofus.

Are you talking about me? [emoji23]

I'm still in, and can't wait to get out of the FFFMM. I think that using WTP Lime Blast is a tad burny for everyday use for me, unfortunately. I think I'll go to Proraso Green for a while.

The monthly use of a product really helps determine how much you like it.
I liked my Truefitt & Hill Rose cream, using it for a week it was great.
But after a month I was glad to put it away.

Some soaps (Tabac, GFT Eucris, Violet, Proraso, etc. I am happy to use for a month.
Helps find out the products you really like, and that work best for you.

The monthly use of a product really helps determine how much you like it.
I liked my Truefitt & Hill Rose cream, using it for a week it was great.
But after a month I was glad to put it away.

Some soaps (Tabac, GFT Eucris, Violet, Proraso, etc. I am happy to use for a month.
Helps find out the products you really like, and that work best for you.
Before I started the FFFMM, I was using Derby tub for ever, trying to finish it off (yeah, right) and really liked the shaves I was getting from it. The WTP is... not as easy to use. It's harder to lather, and not as slick. Still a good soap, just not as good as Derby or Tabac. Now that it's becoming warmer, I'll revisit Proraso Green and use the WTP with some Nivea cream I've got squirreled away to give it a bit more umph.

And I'm out...

I didn't think I'd make it this year, but I did last 17 months going back to my last purchase, so it was a good run that my wife really appreciated. I knew I'd want to get some seasonal scents this year, so I pulled the trigger on Stirling Coconut Lime and Glacial Lemon today.

Good luck to y'all!

#41 still plugging along.......taking a break from shaving as my wife and new born rest up. Tuesday I believe I’ll be back in the office so I’m gonna let it grow till then.

That also gets me out of the FFFMM.

And I'm out...

I didn't think I'd make it this year, but I did last 17 months going back to my last purchase, so it was a good run that my wife really appreciated. I knew I'd want to get some seasonal scents this year, so I pulled the trigger on Stirling Coconut Lime and Glacial Lemon today.

Good luck to y'all!

upload_2019-3-30_13-34-55.png

Top Bottom