What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

Hi,

I absolutely, positively, hate aftershaves. Splashing motor fuel on your face. Shudder. Went on a rescue call once for a burned face. Too much AS, smoking too soon. Or, maybe smoking while applying. That part was never made clear. Not good. He didn't need to worry about shaving after that. Hair doesn't grow from scar tissue.

I use Lubriderm lotion after shaving. Do something good for my skin.

Stan
Sounds like he was freebasing and blamed on the AS!

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does it mean to freebase?

It's another word for stealing a base in baseball. The thing is, I've watched many players supposedly steal a base, but I've never seen one disappear except in sandlot ball.

For more information, Google: Richard Pryor got burned doing Coke, Michael Jackson got burned doing Pepsi.".

It's another word for stealing a base in baseball. The thing is, I've watched many players supposedly steal a base, but I've never seen one disappear except in sandlot ball.

For more information, Google: Richard Pryor got burned doing Coke, Michael Jackson got burned doing Pepsi.".
Being the inquisitive person I am, I looked it up on Urban Dictionary. I get it now.

I looked it up in urban dictionary. I think I get what he was saying, now.

Sorry for the unintentionally obscure reference guys but freebasing has nothing to do with baseball. Follow the Richard Pryor line of thinking.

Just want to pop in and thank you all for a delightful string of wildly winding conversations. Been enjoying the silliness recently. I also wanted to come by because time spent on this thread is time not buying one of the things I want to try eventually that is now 50% off but still 100% unnecessary.

Hi,

The retired medic is back. Freebasing is heating the drug to emit the base substance and inhaling it. As in: free the base from the salt. Most drugs are some base trapped in a salt, like cocaine. That is the most commonly freebased one.

Some drug bases are flammable. Hence the reference to winding up with a burned face. Easy to get burned even if the base isn't flammable. Need to have it close for inhaling and the usual heat source is an open flame.

Worst along that line I saw was from huffing, though. Teenagers like to snort butane propelled household aerosols like hair spray. This leads to oxygen depletion in the lungs and a buzz. Don't smoke, though. The butane and air mix is easily like the fuel and air charge in an engine cylinder. Poof! No more lungs.

A burned face they can fix. Burned lungs and you're done.

And, yes, I also refer to stolen bases and walks and errors as Free Basing!

Stan - Still In

upload_2019-3-28_5-9-54.png

Hi,

The retired medic is back. Freebasing is heating the drug to emit the base substance and inhaling it. As in: free the base from the salt. Most drugs are some base trapped in a salt, like cocaine. That is the most commonly freebased one.

Some drug bases are flammable. Hence the reference to winding up with a burned face. Easy to get burned even if the base isn't flammable. Need to have it close for inhaling and the usual heat source is an open flame.

Worst along that line I saw was from huffing, though. Teenagers like to snort butane propelled household aerosols like hair spray. This leads to oxygen depletion in the lungs and a buzz. Don't smoke, though. The butane and air mix is easily like the fuel and air charge in an engine cylinder. Poof! No more lungs.

A burned face they can fix. Burned lungs and you're done.

And, yes, I also refer to stolen bases and walks and errors as Free Basing!

Stan - Still In

I suppose a person could call a home run a fowl ball.

The power of sound is incredible. One guy with a wooden bat on a hot summer night can bring a crowd of 50,000 people to their feet with a simple crack of the bat. Depending on the color of the uniform the player is wearing, the crowd will either cheer or stand silently to see if it's a home run or perhaps a foul ball. There is even a book about it in the Bible. It's called the Book of Ruth. Supposedly, he built a house in New York City. The game has been ruthless since he retired. Now, many leagues use metal bats with uninspiring thunks.

I remember going to Shea Stadium in 1969. By the numbers, the Mets were one of the worst teams in history. But the crowds had been cheering since 1962 when they started playing in the Polo Grounds. Shea Stadium was completed in 1964. I'd frequently take the bus and subway to Flushing to watch games. I played in games with many of the players of that time. It didn't matter to us that we were kids just pretending. Parents didn't go to games back then. God help you if your mother came. I also played in a game with Sister Anastesia. She had a mean left hook as I found out when I brought a water pistol to class one time. All her pointers were broken.

Those were the days my friend...

Just want to pop in and thank you all for a delightful string of wildly winding conversations. Been enjoying the silliness recently. I also wanted to come by because time spent on this thread is time not buying one of the things I want to try eventually that is now 50% off but still 100% unnecessary.
Stay away from Pasteur's 50% off Clearance aisle...better yet...stay away from Pasteur's all together if you want to survive the Sabbatical!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I always thought freebasing was freely basing one's opinions on a set of known facts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stay away from Pasteur's 50% off Clearance aisle...better yet...stay away from Pasteur's all together if you want to survive the Sabbatical!

Oh no! I was going to go down to Pasteur to get my exception (menthol crystals), but sounds like I should definitely wait . . .

Pasteur s is a p!ace of great temptation

Oh my, yes. I figured I could just turn left when I walked in the door, go to the counter, and probably score the crystals without having to visit the half-acre of shaving Nirvana . . . but a half-off sale would derail me, no doubt . . . I’ll just do the safest thing and order online . . .

Top Bottom