What's new

Tallow & Steel: Weirdly Excellent

I will be the outlier and say that I don’t find the AS to be exceptional. I’ve tried several of them and they are fine but I feel no urge to buy a matching one when I buy a tub of soap. I’ve tried all of the original soaps as well as all of the current staples and several LE (e.g., West Coast IPA, Kyoto, Merchandise 7X). I’ve yet to find a scent that I love, but there are a few that I like enough (7X, Morocco, Dark) to use since the base is so good.

Tallow & Steel and Maol Grooming are the only aftershave splashes that I'll use. If it's not one of these then it's going to be a balm for me.

I don't get much chance to buy soaps that are a little more local so after reading this and a few of the older threads I've got the Dark, Boreal and Madagascar on the way.

I don't get much chance to buy soaps that are a little more local so after reading this and a few of the older threads I've got the Dark, Boreal and Madagascar on the way.
I have ordered exactly same soaps with addition of Himalaya. Its is said to the last run of it.
Really looking forward to these highly praised soaps.

I'm three/five shaves away from cleaning out a tub of Boreal. It's a fine soap, pleasure to shave with. Lasted two months of almost daily use, north of 50 shaves. Expensive and worth it. Scent is on the heavy side, freshly cut pine, or fir. Lather is easy to whip, quality is great, even in hard water. Reorder once I'll clean up my five soaps line up, will go for another scent, for variety.

Yeah, no guarantee that you'll like what I like as we all like different things and smell things a bit differently. I have noticed that these scents are different in lathering than from smelling directly from the jar. I also pick up different notes sometime when I use them, so to me they stay interesting. They are not synthetic smelling as they are deep rich scents. If you find that you don't like a T&S scent just use it for a week or two straight and you'll likely find yourself drawn to it. People that sniff it without trying it and sell it off are missing out.
This.

I honestly think T&S has the best ingredients out there, if not at least one of the best. If I'm forced to stick to one brand, T&S is definitely a sure candidate.

The only soap that has the ring of death in my den is T&S Morrocco.

Yeah, I also heard that Morocco and Himalaya are getting dropped to make room for some new scents.

Morocco I really like as it pairs extremely well with a nice rose cologne. The smokiness makes the rose a bit more manly.

Probably that's why they have decided to drop this soap and make way for release of new scent.

Okay, now I'm definitely not going to rush to finish it. It's the only soap I've used often enough to actually see a glimpse of the bottom.

It's a rare sighting, like the Big Foot.

I got a shipping notice last Sunday which to me means my soap order arrived at Canada Post on Monday. There is no tracking which, in this day and age, is like walking across a highway with a blindfold on. Will I be lucky enough to make it across safely or will I become roadkill? The suspense is killing me.

Anyone know the typical delivery time for standard shipping to the States?

I got a shipping notice last Sunday which to me means my soap order arrived at Canada Post on Monday. There is no tracking which, in this day and age, is like walking across a highway with a blindfold on. Will I be lucky enough to make it across safely or will I become roadkill? The suspense is killing me.

Couple of weeks for me, for my first order.

Yeah not having any tracking for international economy parcels is kinda weird in this digital age.
I try not to think about delivery and get on with life. However shipping to Canada to India is faster than USA and I get my stuff between 14 to 16 days.

Yeah not having any tracking for international economy parcels is kinda weird in this digital age.
I try not to think about delivery and get on with life. However shipping to Canada to India is faster than USA and I get my stuff between 14 to 16 days.
I can't speak to the packages being sent to India, but all of my Tallow & Steel orders (to the US) came with multiple shipping options. The least expensive has no tracking, but the more expensive options included tracking.

I ordered the complete 4 sets before, I don't recall if there was a tracking. I didn't mind it, it just arrived.

I received my Dark II. Pepperminty/Chocolatey. Someone said Peppermint Patty. Yes. like that. Performance is awesome. The matching AS is very nice. Post shave feel is super. I don't find the scent to be strong. You could use it all year.

Usually ten days to or from Canada.

Madagascar this morning , and a very unique scent - slightly floral, slightly fougere, slightly exotic, some unknown spice. T+S is similar, to me, to B&M in their offerings - not your Grandfather's scents, in a good way. Vive le difference. And performance was outstanding, a quality soap. The AS continues to impress - not quite a splash, not quite a balm, but soothing, healing and complementary to the soap, without overpowering. I'm a fan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom