What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

So many great razors posted this week, especially yesterday and today!

I'll add one. Had to go outside my local shopping zone for this one. Probably a pretty good deal for this one, for after it cleaned up, its in very good condition. Only one place rubbed down to nickel, and that's on the edges of the doors...fairly common for a used plated executive fatboy. The worst place for the plating, as its gone, is the retainer cap. Its pretty banged up. And yes, I repainted the numbers. I'm real happy with it, hopefully it shaves as well as it looks, cause this could easily be my daily driver looken' like 'dat! F-1 1960 Executive Fatboy

IMG_20190328_171536.jpg IMG_20190328_172505.jpg IMG_20190328_172523.jpg

I will add, it looked fine on the outside when I got it...a little dirt and soap scum...but the dial wouldn't adjust down to one easily....started the soaks and clean outs...and a freaking trash panda sized hair blob came out from between the adjuster plate and base plate....almost dry heaved a bit for that one! haha

Here's a pick of some of that hair blob...IMG_20190328_140042.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

I'll add one. Had to go outside my local shopping zone for this one. Probably a pretty good deal for this one, for after it cleaned up, its in very good condition. Only one place rubbed down to nickel, and that's on the edges of the doors...fairly common for a used plated executive fatboy. The worst place for the plating, as its gone, is the retainer cap. Its pretty banged up. And yes, I repainted the numbers. I'm real happy with it, hopefully it shaves as well as it looks, cause this could easily be my daily driver looken' like 'dat! F-1 1960 Executive Fatboy

View attachment 967386 View attachment 967387 View attachment 967388

I will add, it looked fine on the outside when I got it...a little dirt and soap scum...but the dial wouldn't adjust down to one easily....started the soaks and clean outs...and a freaking trash panda sized hair blob came out from between the adjuster plate and base plate....almost dry heaved a bit for that one! haha

Here's a pick of some of that hair blob...View attachment 967389
Excellent! Does yours have any flea bites? Mine has one and it seems to me these Executives are susceptible to them. Not sure why. I've seen quite a few with plating issues.
One from the mail, and one rescue today!

Spent six whole dollars on the Gillette in a store. It will need some TLC.

proxy.php
Yesss!!!! Those are the best finds!!! Cheap and rare!
1910 ABC Pocket Set
proxy.php

proxy.php
Gorgeous!!! I am drooling!
Man that is cool! It is heavy hitter week here for the acquisitions thread!
Stay tuned. I may have a few more up my sleeve......

Last edited:
Excellent! Does yours have any flea bites? Mine has one and it seems to me these Executives are susceptible to them. Not sure why. I've seen quite a few with plating issues.

Stay tuned. I may have a few more up my sleeve......

No flea bites at all. Just the nickel coming through on the doors, but its just from previous use. I honestly couldn't believe it...as the sellers pictures looked like it could have had some rough spots. I got lucky, there's no doubt. I must say I do enjoy the knurling more on the executive fatboy over the standard. Not a huge difference, but noticeable in hand.

Can't wait to be jealous of what else you bring in! haha heavy hitter week Continues!

Last edited:
Well... he/she took the photo upside down to start... :lol::lol1: I had to flip it over...

That Deluxe is 13 teeth and 2-piece - definitely a nice find! :001_tt2:

Wow, think spring is here, everybody’s alert and wildfinds keep comin’ in - well done everybody!

Andon, a pleasure to see you posting here, I knew that that collection of yours had to come from somewhere :)

View attachment 967386 View attachment 967387 View attachment 967388

Here's a pick of some of that hair blob...View attachment 967389

One from the mail, and one rescue today!

Spent six whole dollars on the Gillette in a store. It will need some TLC.

proxy.php

1910 ABC Pocket Set
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is my take:
View attachment 967447
Seller's photos (Not THAT great, I know)... :a13:

Top Bottom